How did you get over your break-up?

1. stevenbcold profile image60
    stevenbcoldposted 7 years ago

How did you get over your break-up?

2. michelemacwrites profile image79
    michelemacwritesposted 7 years ago

I found that I had to keep myself busy.  I started to follow my passions and strengthen my friendships.  Writing was my place of solace.  If I spent time thinking of the break up, it would only hurt more and prolong the agony.

3. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

I was with a guy for almost 3 years. He lied almost every day to me, hid things from me, cheated on me and just didn't show he cared. I tried to break up with him about 14 months into the relationship and despite the fact that I busted him speaking as if we were already breaking up to another woman, I stayed and made a huge mistake. I continued to try to leave him for almost 2 more years! I guess I stayed because I didn't want to be alone. One day, I met up with a guy that I dated several years earlier and we clicked. I brought him up to my boyfriend (at the time) and he didn't even care! So we hung out and he showed me how a woman should be treated. I never cheated on my ex with him but he helped me wake up and gave me strength to leave this dude. Once night while we were hanging out, my ex ignored me. He wouldn't answer his phone or text me back. I finally said enough is enough and I said we are done. I don't think he believed me as I have said this before so naturally he didn't answer me. Me and that guys ended up dating for two weeks then when our separate ways. I think it was cause I wouldn't have sex with him, who knows. But my ex realized I meant it when I had not spoke with him for almost a month. He showed up at my work and I snuk out the back door. I haven't seen him but only 2 times since then and that was because my cousins go to a school right up the street from where he lives. I only seen him while I was in a car.

So needless to say, I got over my break-up by finding someone who was the opposite of him. Yeah it didn't last but that short run gave me my confidence back and made it super easy to get over my ex. I didn't cry once!

working