jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

Is it normal for guys to keep a diary?

1. rob_allen profile image83
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

Is it normal for guys to keep a diary?

2. iamsergell profile image60
    iamsergellposted 6 years ago

Yeah, i guess so. I had a diary when i was still young. Wrote there special moments and events in life.

Not now when I'm growing old and mature though

3. sushant143 profile image61
    sushant143posted 6 years ago

it depend on our own view, ( Decade ago diary is prestige symbol now it's not !! )

4. truthfornow profile image83
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

I think more people had diaries back in the day than now.  But, lots of people (guys & gals) blog, Facebook and tweet ~ modern day diaries.

5. The Ghostwriter profile image74
    The Ghostwriterposted 6 years ago

I think men might keep a ledger, women keep a diary!

6. American View profile image61
    American Viewposted 6 years ago

Not really, but that does not mean some may keep them. We know Presidents do to write their books when they finnish their term

7. nabeelplus profile image61
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

I believe its pretty obvious for a sensible guy to maintain a diary, all his financial matters & daily routine tasks should be a part of that diary to make a man more organized.

8. AngelTrader profile image59
    AngelTraderposted 6 years ago

I keep a journal, but I don't write in it everyday. Only when the muse hits me! Usually when I gain an insight or something significant happens in my day.

9. Thek1ngsway profile image77
    Thek1ngswayposted 6 years ago

This is a  strange question . You can use the word journal if that is more appealing and manly to you . almost ridiculous question

10. jacqui2011 profile image85
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I think it depends on the person. I know a few males that keep diaries, although they prefer to call them journals. I think the likes of twitter has taken over now although not very private!

11. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i don't think so. i don't know any guys that keep a diary but one never knows.

12. Ella Robinson profile image60
    Ella Robinsonposted 6 years ago

It would be excellent if guys kept journals, it would help with clarifying their confused thoughts. Women keep journals to analyse their thoughts and know themselves better and continue to grow and learn. I believe guys need that in their lives. (no offence)

13. puddingicecream profile image75
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

I've met several men who have kept diaries or journals.

14. Darknlovely3436 profile image81
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

from past experience and lots of sad story from keep a diary, it think that anyone who is considering to keep a diary, keep your thoughts close in your head..... it safer this way..(my opinion)

15. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

There is no "normal."  Do what you want to do with journaling and be proud of it.

16. Rob Winters profile image85
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

There'd be nothing wrong with it i suppose but it absolutely isn't the norm (or at least not the norm to let anyone know about it). I have never been aware of any man ever keeping a diary - doesn't mean they didn't though, i've just never heard or been aware of it. They're probably too busy reading their girlfriends diaries :-)

17. janikon profile image88
    janikonposted 6 years ago

I don't understand why it wouldn't be 'normal' for a guy to keep a diary - some of the greatest men in history kept a diary (or journal depending how masculine you want to sound). I think whether they choose to share this fact with anyone is entirely up to them but in now way should their normalcy be called into question.

18. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

not only is it normal but its healthy keeping a dairy is a great way to unwind and let the stress of daily life go

working