jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What makes a man want to get married?

1. SapphireGreen93 profile image59
    SapphireGreen93posted 6 years ago

What makes a man want to get married?

2. fit2day profile image79
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

It varies depending on the man. Many marry for the wrong reasons, one being a fear of loneliness. I think it's best for a man to desire marriage when he's found the woman who's irreplaceable and stands by him in tough times.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

It depends on the man and his view of marriage.
    Sometimes having seen how things went with his parents, loved ones, and friends can effect his outlook.
    For every reason one guy gets married is a reason why another guy won't. Someone once said, "Don't marry the person you can live with. Only marry the person you can't imagine living without."

Bottom line is there are no magic spells, engagment chicken dinners, certain amount of sex, living together. pregnacy, ultimatums...etc that will work on every guy.
    However when you think about it why would a woman want to marry a guy who is not interested in marrying her?

No one should have to "sell or persuade" another person that you are "the one". This is something your mate should see for themself. At the very least every marriage should start off with BOTH people (wanting) to get married.
    I recently wrote a hub stating "5 Reasons Why Men Should Not Get Married." They could just as easily apply to women.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/5-Reasons-Men-S … et-Married

4. profile image0
    will345davisposted 6 years ago

That really depends on the man in question. Some men get married because they feel they have to after being with someone for so long, some because of a baby, and believe it or not, some men actually choose to get married because they love the one that their with.

5. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

well..... usually it's his woman that makes him want to get married... LOL

6. sugz profile image74
    sugzposted 6 years ago

he sees himself spending the rest of his life with a woman he loves, and can see them growing old together.  wether it will turn out that way or not isn't part of this thoughts when he decides he wants to get married, he just wants to..  some make it, some dont.

7. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

I asked my fiance why he wants to get married and his response was that he wanted the responsibility of having a family. He wants to be able to legalize his common law relationship which of course is a big part of that responsibility. He also stated that legalizing his relationship will also make it easier for his spouse to benefit from him in case something should happen to him.

Overview, it might be different for other men, but as far as my man is concerned he likes and wants the responsibility of taking care of a wife and family. He wants to ensure his family's security.

8. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

For very different reasons from one to another:
    1- To have a family.
    2- For social image.
    3- For others they decide when they find a wonderful women.
    4- For some its the destiny & they don't know why.
    etc.

9. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

To wake up next to someone that loves him more then herself.

10. bunnypoeta profile image39
    bunnypoetaposted 6 years ago

Many are the things that makes a man to want to get married, but the best of them all is:

To show to our sweet company that we want her to be side by side with us for eternity, within good & bad moments of a life that is indeed harder if we face it alone.

Best Wishes

Bunnypoeta>yikes)=

11. nabeelplus profile image62
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

I think what makes a man want to get married is a matter of maturity. It is common for a guy to spend a period of his life putting as many "notches on the bedpost" as possible....playing the field, so to speak.

12. profile image52
    byjuanposted 6 years ago

Aside from unexpected pregnancies of the girl that leads to early marriage, marrying somebody with your current love one is a constant development or maturity of a good loving relationship. Most especially if the couple are at their right age. It will come naturally.

Most of all if they are meant  for each other in God's will.

working