jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If your parents are having problem, what is the best way to handle it?

1. ubanichijioke profile image77
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

If your parents are having problem, what is the best way to handle it?

If your parents are having problem, what is the best way to handle it? Do you intervene or mind your own business?

2. Matt Stark profile image79
    Matt Starkposted 6 years ago

Tough call.  I would imagine it will depend on what type of relationship you have with them.  I would offer help and an open ear and explain to them that as part of the family, you are affected too.  Cautious with providing too much opinion, but you can offer assistance through the problem.  Open communication is my vote, and make sure you don't take sides.  Good luck!

3. Beingbbw profile image59
    Beingbbwposted 6 years ago

Tough situation and I definitely agree with Matt, you can only listen and offer support for both parents. Just be careful not to get stuck in the middle as you are affected by the situation as well as them. Taking sides will breed disaster. for your opinions, just let them understand how their issues are affecting you as well and allow them to figure things out. Best of luck

4. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

best to mind your own business but if anyone of them need you then be there for them... that's the best you can do.

5. JherusiaLhean profile image58
    JherusiaLheanposted 6 years ago

When my mum and dad are having such situation, I keep myself quite but I am keeping my self open in case I am needed. I am just praying that they can settle the issue through a calm talk.

6. Vinaya Ghimire profile image89
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 6 years ago

Talk to both. They will listen to you because your are the product of their love.

7. ubanichijioke profile image77
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

@Matt, open communication as you said is great. Letting them know how it affects you may settle things. Thanks

@jherusialhean, your comment is always appreciated. Hoping for an amicable solution is awesome.

@arksys, great suggestion.

@vinaya, i accept this option. Talking to them will make sense.

@beingbbw, your suggestion is awesome. I ve learnt that taking sides sometimes will make the person you are against habor sentiments or even stop providing financial help.

I so much appreciate all the wonderful intellectuals who responded to this question. GOD BLESS you'll

working