jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is Gossip?

1. whoisbid profile image74
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

What is Gossip?

When do you know that revealing something about someone else without them knowing is right or wrong?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5553310_f260.jpg

2. Loco Life profile image77
    Loco Lifeposted 6 years ago

You shouldn't reveal information about someone else without them knowing, unless it is something about them that they have already made known. I believe if someone tells me something, and hasn't stated anything in the conversation letting me know they have told others, I keep it to myself.

It's the 'telephone game' effect, and that's usually how it becomes gossip. I'm told something, I turn around and whisper it in someone's ear, I might not state it correctly, or they might not have heard it right. Then, they go and tell someone else, and before you know it, everyone and their mother has heard it, and possibly not even the correct story. This is when gossip can become hurtful or damaging as well.

To sum it up. Don't reveal things about others unless you know that you have permission to do so.

3. ubanichijioke profile image77
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

It means spreading false rumor or information about someone with a view to mislead and tarnish his or her image. This is my own understanding.

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

Good ole gossip can be A great past time!  Especially if the person is gossiping about themselves!  They always have something good and entertaining to share.  As for those who gossip about others........ (I swear I don't even know why people listen to them) but anywho----> more than likely would do the same to you.  If anything never tell them your important business.  Just tell them something that is juicy and not the truth so once they run to spread "the news"  you will get confirmation quicker about who they are than wasting time entertaining them and their nonsense.  You can always tell when someone is yapping recklessly about you because when you go around other people with them there is always that strange and strange feeling of "You've been betrayed. lol Most of the time their envious of you because why would anyone speak negative of you and pretend to still want to be around you?

5. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Just ask yourself, "Do the words I speak about *BLANK* represent good or evil?" Good, would be positive and Evil would be negative.

6. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

Gossip may not be bad after all if you look it at the bright side. Gossip helps a person to improve himself in order to excel in work and studies. Use the benefit of gossip instead of creating trouble. read more

working