jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

At what age you got first married?

1. jainismus profile image70
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

At what age you got first married?

2. rochelj profile image65
    rocheljposted 6 years ago

I got married at 21 years old, and how about you?

3. cebutouristspot profile image74
    cebutouristspotposted 6 years ago

I got married at 30 and I have only been married once smile

4. Erin Boggs1 profile image77
    Erin Boggs1posted 6 years ago

I got married when I was twenty two and i was way too young. I am now divorced and I have obtained more knowledge.

5. SwiftFamily profile image59
    SwiftFamilyposted 6 years ago

We got married at 22 and it has been 8 years of learning to trust each other, ourselves as a unit and most importantly learning to trust God and His purpose for our union.

6. jainismus profile image70
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

I am single, and will be single forever............................

7. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I met my husband at age eighteen, married at nineteen, having our first child at twenty. We are a ridiculously fast-paced couple, but we love one another and we're happy and I wouldn't have it any other way.

8. Dexter Yarbrough profile image83
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 6 years ago

I got married at the age of 26 and have been married to the same person for over 20 years!

9. nybride710 profile image61
    nybride710posted 6 years ago

Married at 27, divorced at 40.  Married again at 42.

10. Shawn Scarborough profile image83
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 6 years ago

I got married at age 35, my wife was 30.  Nine years later we are still together.

11. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I was 32 the first time and still got it wrong! :-)
    Actually it wasn't so much I got it wrong but I married for the "wrong reasons". This was during a time when single men of that age were being accused of "fearing commitment" I guess I wanted to prove I wasn't afraid of anything. Awhile back I wrote a hub titled 5 Reasons Why Me Should Not Get Married. http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … et-Married 
    The marriage helped to shape my philosophy and my understanding that "Life is a personal journey".  "You are responsible for your own happiness."
    From then own I made sure my decisions were "my decisions" and not those of someone else. I began to compromise less and less and started to look for people who "naturally agreed" with me on the major things in life. I had been making my life more difficult by trying to "persuade" or "negotiate" with others who did not want what I wanted. You are far better off waiting for someone who (already is) they type of person you want to be with than trying to get them to become that person and vise versa. I came to realize there was no "right" or "wrong" but rather it was about "agree" and "disagree". I became more careful and aware of my choices and decisions (while I was making them). If a relationship failed instead of simply blaming the other person I looked at (why I chose them) to begin with! After all each us of "chooses" our friends, lovers, and spouse. That marriage provided me with a priceless education!

12. ubanichijioke profile image75
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

I am working
    hard now to
    get married
    when am
    26/27 years
    to my childhood

13. ronhi profile image75
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

AM 26, no fiancee, not married and not worried

14. brittanytodd profile image95
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

I was just married in May, when I was 21.  You don't have to be single forever!  You should keep the possibility an option. If you give up now, it may never happen.