jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever come between a relationship? Do you feel guilty, or don't care? (

1. Trilla profile image60
    Trillaposted 6 years ago

Have you ever come between a relationship?
    Do you feel guilty, or don't care? (It's Killing me!)

I went to meet some guy yesterday, who was perfect!
    Smart, intelligent strong and sexy... I thought he was out of my league and decided not to make a move. However he did, and I couldn't say No. The next morning I woke up to hearing him shouting down the phone to his partner like they were a piece a shit that he couldn't wait to rip a part...

Before I left he said to me, I'm going to be single.
    I didn't know he had a partner and I didn't want him to break up with his other half.
    I feel so guilty and unsure of what to do about the situation!!?

2. Seek-n-Find profile image87
    Seek-n-Findposted 6 years ago

Don't date him!  If he did that to his -ex, what might he do to you?  He's not demonstrating faithfulness as a mark of his character.  He may be attractive on the outside, but sounds like there is quite a bit of work he needs to do on the inside.  In terms of your guilt, I suggest you just learn what you can and apply it to future events and then forgive yourself.  Unforgiveness is quite destructive!  Don't settle--you won't be sorry!

3. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Any man who treats any woman like this will treat YOU like this in the future!  Steer clear of this character.  My mom always said to look at how a man treats women, and especially his mother, and it's how he'll treat you.  It's absolutely true; I've tried and tested it so you don't need to.  Take my advice.  This guy is Bad News~!

4. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

walk away and don't look back. what you experienced will be your future if you continue to see him...he'll cheat on you and treat you bad, just like he's doing to his partner right now...RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. ThroughGlass profile image60
    ThroughGlassposted 6 years ago

wow.. yeah no.

Ditch that loser. If he does that to his ex, he's willing and able to do something to you of the same power or greater, and it's definitely not worth it.

6. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

This is the prime reason that before you even spend any one-on-one time with a person that you must actually ask if they are seeing anyone, live with anyone, etc. A lot of pain could have been avoided. However, looking at this situation from a different perspective perhaps one or more of you three had something to learn. Sometimes people are put in our path for a reason. Perhaps you had to learn a lesson about being proactive, maybe his partner needed to learn about his cheating heart, and maybe he had to learn how to be a real man.

No use crying over spilled milk, we are all human. You have guilt that shows you really meant no harm. Just be sure to never make the same mistake twice. Stay away from this guy and anyone with similar traits because there are spouses and partners that would not react very well. Be very thorough in learning about those you consider dating or otherwise letting into your life and listen to your gut instincts, they are often right.

working