jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If you can't be with the one you love, is it better to be with someone else to n

1. Bella Nina profile image71
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

If you can't be with the one you love, is it better to be with someone else to not be alone?

If you cannot be with the one you love, is it better to be with someone else in order to not be alone?

2. stricktlydating profile image80
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

Only if it feels good and it's fun to spend time with someone else rather than being alone.  Being social, spending time with others is a great way to keep yourself feeling good if you can't be with the one you love.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

It all depends on what you mean by (be with) and the circumstances of why you can't be with the person you love. Examples: Did they breakup with you? Are they married or involved with another person? Are they in the military and stationed far away? or Are you in a long distance relationship (feeling lonely) and want to be with someone?....etc

If you are no longer together period then it's not called "being with someone else". It's called (moviing on with your life). On the other hand if you are in a long distance relationship and (choose to be with someone else) while he/she is away then it's called "cheating". It's difficult to betray someone (you love). In this scenario you owe it to that person to let them know you can't handle the strain of not being with someone. As was said in the movie "Up In The Air", "Life is better with company".

4. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

Not necessary, it depends on the person you use as a substitute.

5. truthfornow profile image79
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

Not always.  If you are with someone you don't like and using them, than you might hurt this new person.

6. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I don't really think it's fair to be with someone just so we won't be alone (unless the other person is only being with you so he won't be alone either).  hmm  If a person can't be OK alone then s/he won't be all that great a relationship partner either.  hmm

To me, if there was someone I loved that I couldn't be with, the first issue would be whether I could/would ever be with them again - or not.  If not, then moving on (with someone new or else alone) would be the only options.  If it was a matter of the person I loved coming back one day, and I was only alone temporarily; then I wouldn't be interested in anyone else anyway.

Personally, I'd never want just "any-old-body" just so I wouldn't be alone.  There are a lot worse things than being alone.

7. romari profile image62
    romariposted 6 years ago

for me it is.. sooner you'll develop your love to that someone else..

8. Ania L profile image85
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

And what's wrong being alone? If you believe it's not godo for you, then being with someone might be better - for YOU. But not for someone else who is perfectly fine on their own.
    Besides if you settle on something not so great, then you will miss out on opportunities to meet someone who could become your soul mate so I opt for single in such a case.

9. stariswhoiam profile image60
    stariswhoiamposted 6 years ago

I would choose being alone. No one can replace that special someone that I love more than anyone else.

working