jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When do you know when a relationship is over? What are the signs?

1. catchpennyfashion profile image58
    catchpennyfashionposted 6 years ago

When do you know when a relationship is over? What are the signs?

2. R.Cochran profile image82
    R.Cochranposted 6 years ago

When the conversation starts or ends with, "you know I have always cared about you, I hope we still can still be friends."

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I think it's over when you realize you don't want the same things. Basically there is no real "right" or "wrong" in relationships. There is only "agree" and "disagree". Ultimately we are all looking for someone who (naturally agrees) with us. Opposites may attract for the short run but it's (like that attracts like) for the long run.
    Each of us selects our own friends, lovers, and spouse. We are responsible for our own happiness.! If you go to the store to purchase an apple but buy an onion instead whose fault is that?
    Hopefully with experience comes wisdom and we learn to make better choices for ourselves. A relationship is over when you can't see it getting any better 5 years from now than it is today. There is no neutral in relationships. "We're either growing together or growing apart." I discussed this in more detail in an older hub
    http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … owingapart

4. THEHuG5 profile image60
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

When either one or both of the people are completely indifferent about the relationship.

5. Jyoti Patil profile image66
    Jyoti Patilposted 6 years ago

Many signs shout that This has to End. I'll give u few:

He/She doesn't call you though they promise.
    He/She ignores to catch up with you.
    There is no more compatibility between you. eg If you're a gypsy and He/She is a city admirer.
    He/She avoids talking the future
    He/She is not interested for any close relations. e.g. having sex.
    He/She stays late in office or stays more with friends but not you.

6. sweetzara profile image78
    sweetzaraposted 6 years ago

When you simply can't stand the same things you once found adorable!

7. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

to me it's pretty obvious. in fact it scares me when someone can't figure it out on their own.

8. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

Many tell tale signs can be identified towards the ending spiral of a relationship, but common ones that I know of personally and have seen in others are: Affairs, zero communication, no love, no sexual attraction anymore, and no feeling of compassion towards the other person any longer. If you're not willing to have sex, take out the trash, or sit down and have a conversation with the person...it's over.