jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever tried online dating?

1. Bella Nina profile image73
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

Have you ever tried online dating?

If yes, was it successful for you?

2. prektjr.dc profile image86
    prektjr.dcposted 6 years ago

No, thought about it once, but a friend introduced me to the fella I have been married to for more than 12 years!

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

Yes I've done online dating in the past. Relationships lasted as long as 7 years. It's not how you meet but whom you meet that counts!
    Much like the days gone by when people were afraid to use credit cards to make purchases online so will the fear and stigma fade for online dating. It's been reported that 1 in 5 couples getting married today met online and I imagine that number will increase dramatically over the next 10-15 years.
    Naturally online dating does have it's risks as it does in meeting strangers conventionally. One has to be aware, use good commonsense, and not rush into things.
    Trust like respect should be earned overtime. Awhile back I wrote a hub offering some tips.
    http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … ine-Dating

4. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

Absolutely.  And some sites are far better than others.  I've had two long term relationships with guys I've met online dating. And a few more dates than that too.  I'd definately try it again.  But my advice is to use a dating site that's plentiful with singles in your area, even if it costs a little to join because some sites are full of spammers and incomplete or out of date profiles.  It's best to ask around your friends and find a dating site that's popular where you live for the best chance at meeting local singles.

5. Skiffer profile image61
    Skifferposted 6 years ago

Have accounts on all three of the major on-line dating services - for over 5 years.  Still not even a wink - wahhhhh......

I think I am at a tough age.  All of the guys my age are looking to trade in their wives of 20 years for a newer, younger model and all of the guys who are peeking at my profile are old enough to be my dad.

I think I am stuck being single.

working