jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)

Where do you go when you want to be alone?

1. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

Where do you go when you want to be alone?

We all have a place we escape to to gather our thoughts...what's yours?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

When I was in graduate school, I drove to the deserted beaches. Now, I can gather my thoughts right in the bath tub..every night, almost.

3. AnnaCia profile image83
    AnnaCiaposted 6 years ago

I go to the back deck of the house.  I just have pine trees and no houses near.  I can relax or cry or meditate.  Being with nature is what I like.  That is my precious time.

4. bmukherjii profile image58
    bmukherjiiposted 6 years ago

I prefer to go to my terrace where nobody comes to disturb me.

5. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

Hi moonfairy!  I prefer to get outdoors where nature helps me get back on track. Once I had retreated to my hammock, closed my eyes for a minute,  reopened them,  and noticed the enormous efforts of a grasshopper making his way around the obstacles of my wooden fence posts. It really put my problems in perspective!

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I have a craft room and I go in and turn on my TV and work on some project.  I really enjoy driving when I want to be alone but we live in a very small town and there really isn't anywhere to go!

7. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

to my garden.................no one in my family wants to pull weeds or dig in the dirt

It is my refuge, not a single one of them will bother me there.

8. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

I go for a drive in my car. I live in the country so I have a ways to drive to get to anywhere. The drive clears my head, and recenters my soul.

9. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 6 years ago

That's an easy one....Mt. Rainier, my place of solace for decades now. Hike into the backcountry for half an hour and it is just me and nature.  If I can't make it there then I go to the secret place inside myself where nobody can touch me, nobody can judge me, nobody can do me any harm, and I rest.

10. debbie roberts profile image81
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

I have a couple of places I like to go. If I can get out and it's out of tourist season I'll head to the beach, there is nothing better than a coastal breeze and sea air to blow the cobwebs away.
    If I can't get away I'll go and sit on our roof and just look around appreciating the view, the children aren't allowed up there even now they are teenagers, so I know I'll gave a moment to gather my thoughts.
    Listening to my mp3 player also allows me to get lost in my thoughts.

11. ajayshah2005 profile image56
    ajayshah2005posted 6 years ago

When i want to be alone, I usually go either on long drive across the jungle or in the bank of river.

12. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 6 years ago

Always searching for answers, this writer found that they were inside of him all along. read more

13. womenintouch profile image61
    womenintouchposted 6 years ago

I got to Resale shop therapy; I do not  always buy anything but the store i go into has great stuff. I spend time looking for things for others like the grandkids, or friends who need things.

It takes me about 1 hour to do a complete walk through. When i leave home I say I'm going to therapy.

No one wants to go with me how great is that

14. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

I have turned my bedroom into my pearsonal escape place I spend alot of time there its my office my resting place and my escape I love it

15. cloverleaffarm profile image76
    cloverleaffarmposted 6 years ago

I go out to the barn, where I can hear the chickens "talking" to each other.
    I listen, as they speak, and imagine the true conversation going on.
    It puts me in their world, and takes me out of mine.

16. iholland95 profile image61
    iholland95posted 6 years ago

I go up to my room when I want to be alone. I have a whole floor to myself because I have a loft. It's very quiet and peacful and nothing can disturb me up there

17. Crissylite profile image76
    Crissyliteposted 6 years ago

I head over to the beach, if I can. There's something I love about water. My alternative would be somewhere where I can listen to some music and sing.

working