jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What would you do if your husband's family turned their back on him because of y

1. CeLestialCameo profile image81
    CeLestialCameoposted 6 years ago

What would you do if your husband's family turned their back on him because of you?

This is more geared toward a 2nd marriage where the family includes the kids as well as the parents and siblings. It also is geared toward the fact that you did nothing to deserve this and did everything to try to be helpful, kind, supportive and involved in the family without being pushy.

2. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I get you!

Stand tall..............

Make your mark, mark your limitations...............and steadfast in seeing them through.

When his family is gone............you are his only support system.............be worthy of such a trust.

3. CeLestialCameo profile image81
    CeLestialCameoposted 6 years ago

Thank you onegoodwoman. I feel I am the only one truly concerned about HIS happiness.

4. sakimakelly profile image59
    sakimakellyposted 6 years ago

Maybe you should try getting to the root of the problem.  So many times when there is a kind of feud, let's say, most people can't even remember what even started it because it was so minuscule; after it is discussed, people get over it and move on.  I agree that you should certainly be supportive, but try to encourage him to at least learn (or tell you) why his family doesn't support your relationship.  Maybe it was a misunderstanding, which can be fixed.  Maybe it's a ridiculous superficial reason, which means there's nothing you can do to change their mind but you should continue to be the good person you are.  In the end, at least knowing why they are the way they are will help you figure out next steps as he is your family for life and you don't want to be in this uncomfortable situation forever.

5. Daughter Of Maat profile image95
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

This actually happened with both sets of parents. My husband's parents hate me, and my parents hate him. We've come to the conclusion that we are our family. If the parents don't like the spouse, they can't be part of our lives. I can't remember the last time I talked to my parents. Sad, but they brought it on themselves.

6. kayyluh profile image77
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

Is he happy with you? Well yeah your his wife! Just be there for him and love him, his family will come around. Don't let those in laws ruin it they will get it over it! Stick by his side and be happy together!smile

7. BSloan profile image74
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

Celebrate and make your own family.  At least you know where you stand with them.  Enjoy each other and build a solid relationship and make it a goal to build as many memories together as you can.   You can't make other people like you, you can only be yourself and honestly they are the one's missing out.