jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever said I Love You and not mean it?

1. Frank Atanacio profile image81
    Frank Atanacioposted 6 years ago

Have you ever said I Love You and not mean it?

Think of the many times you said I love you.. and now answer the question even the return I love yous count.

2. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

No...I take it very seriously.  To say I love you and not mean it is too much responsibility..

3. Moms-Secret profile image82
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

Love- there are so many levels available that I have never needed to use it unless it was meant.  I love a lot of friends that I do not have to see or speak to regularly. 

I guess as a teenager, it carried less weight.  I obviously can't be in dramatic teenage love with people I can barely remember, but I know that the person I was back then meant it.  Now I love that they are a corny story to tell...if I remember. 

Love - the book with endless chapters...

4. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

No.  When I say something as serious as "I love you", I mean it.  I don't want to throw those words around.  Love isn't just a feeling, it is a choice.  Those words hold alot of meaning.  I want the person I am talking to to know that I mean what I am saying.  I always tell my family and friends I love them!

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, when I was a teenager.  If dating someone and they said it, I automatically did too.  I take it a lot more seriously now.

6. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 6 years ago

I hear many people on their cell phones before they hang up they say automatically - I love you.  Maybe that came after 911.    I want to be real when I say that not guilty.

working