jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you in favor of divorce or not? Why?

1. brandasaur profile image60
    brandasaurposted 6 years ago

Are you in favor of divorce or not? Why?

2. alisha4u profile image39
    alisha4uposted 6 years ago

I don't favor divorce, unless the condition gets worse...

3. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

.I think that today people divorce if the wind blows the wrong way. I divorced many years ago, in 1985 for very good reasons, and swore I'd never marry again. I did though, in 2005, and am happy. I do not believe in staying in a marriage if you are unhappy...that you need to be true to yourself. So, yes, I do believe in divorce, but only if the circumstances dictate that you must.

4. jeremejazz profile image61
    jeremejazzposted 6 years ago

I don't .. Marriage is a decision for life.
    and the  kids will suffer

5. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

It depends of the situation. I do think that people nowadays are to fast when it comes to divorce, things are going bad, fine, let's have a divorce. I don't favor divorce in those situations, but if people have tried to stay in the marriage, have done what they can and still they are not happy or don't get along, it's better to get it over with. It's bad because of the children (if there are children), but do the children really want their parents together if there's always fight and trouble in the house, what sort of environment is that for a child as she/he is growing. Better to provide the child with a peaceful environment - that is being selfless, not the other way around. Some people are just not meant to be together. I have an example in the family: they tried and tried, in the end didn't stay together, after 12 or 15 years, or something and in the middle was the poor kid who was not to blame and had to grow up in that sort of household.

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

100%. people change and it's not always for the good or in a way that make a couple happy. to be stuck married to someone you no longer like is wrong .

working