jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What are the necessary conditions for a relationship to work?

1. celticdude7 profile image69
    celticdude7posted 5 years ago

What are the necessary conditions for a relationship to work?

To limit misunderstandings
    Work is defined here as a long term committed relationship
    Relationship is pertaining to a love, intimacy situation between people

2. iamageniuster profile image76
    iamageniusterposted 5 years ago

There are many conditions for a relationship to work. Here are the top 3:
    1. Sincerity
    2. Common interests/beliefs
    3. Good communication skills

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

The number one requirement is selecting a mate who (naturally) shares your same relationship goals. Not only do they want what you want but they agree on how to obtain those things.
    In order to have such a relationship both people would have needed to do some introspective thinking and had determined what they needed and wanted from a partner. Until you know what you truly want or need you are likely to fall into the trap of getting involved with others by happenstance or whim and then trying to "make it work" after you have become emotinally invested. Awhile back I wrote a hub listing what I consider to be the key 6 ingredients to have a happy relationship. The 6 traits are in this order: Honesty, Trust, Loyalty, Love & Devotion, Intimacy, and Emotional Security. Take it from me starting off with intimacy and attempting to work backwards seldom works. http://hubpages.com/hub/therecipeforrel … phappiness
    Best of luck!

4. Goods2Go profile image68
    Goods2Goposted 5 years ago

What do I know? I do know that without respect, love cannot exist. So, I place respect on top of the ingredients necessary for any successful relationship. Following respect and love, effective communication is paramount. It is the tie that binds. And, a sense of humor is an essential ingredient!

1. Globetrekkermel profile image77
      Globetrekkermelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

i agree the humor part!!!. It is a good antidote for a possible misunderstanding between parties.

5. Globetrekkermel profile image77
    Globetrekkermelposted 5 years ago

I don't think there is a clear cut answer to this question.The answer depends on who the involved parties are , personality , background,education etc etc.

working