jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What will you feel if a friend rejects you? Is friendship worth saving?

1. snowdrops profile image39
    snowdropsposted 5 years ago

What will you feel if a friend rejects you? Is friendship worth saving?

I have a friend who got into this accident. I helped that person, I always find time to be there everyday even if its on a wee night. I helped with papers too. After he was released on hospital, he tends to ignore me. I send him messages asking if he;s okay..but he never respond. Then later on, I saw him message my friend. "Dont tell that I;m ignoring her.".

2. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 5 years ago

A true friendship is worth fighting for, but then a true friend wouldn't reject me...so for me it all depends on the depth of friendship.

3. ASchwartz profile image72
    ASchwartzposted 5 years ago

Has this "friend" ever been there for you in a time of need? It sounds like you are giving a lot, and getting nothing in return. This isn't the type of "friendship" I would consider saving.

snowdropsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hello..well, i can say NO..maybe on a certain situation he would occasionally invite me.that's all. I was shocked one day that his parents blamed me for not getting his papers done on time.

4. daisynicolas profile image81
    daisynicolasposted 5 years ago

Friendship is a two-way street.  It only works if both people are in it, just like in any other types of relationships.  So, if you learned his intentions through a third party, then that is disrespectful of your friendship.  But then, there are two sides to every story.

5. Anjili profile image81
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

If a friend rejected me, I would feel rejected. Friendship should be nurtured by both parties. Yours seems to be a one-sided affair. He is simply scrounging on your goodwill. We should direct our friendship where it is most deserved. The message he sent to your other friend tells it all. Look for a better and more respectful friend.

snowdropsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Anjili..maybe you're right.. SAdly, I'm the one to really read that message on my friend's chat box because we were together at that time. sad

6. Lawrence Da-vid profile image58
    Lawrence Da-vidposted 5 years ago

I had childhood and high school friends that turned away from me when I turned 18 years of age.  On that date, I, along with my father, went to the Navy Recruiter and I enlisted effective the day after graduation.  The fact that I volunteered for service angered them for some reason.  It was the beginning of the Vietnam conflict.  Their attitude was against that war.  Anger increased after I was accepted and completed OCS with support of an ADMIRAL friend of my father.  By this time, I didn't care.  They weren't much as friends go.  In fact, a few left the country, refusing the "draft." 

After all that Vietnam fiasco was over, and much later on, they tried to renew a friendship with me.  As a Navy LCDR, my reply toward the request which surfaced during a High School reunion, was blatant, direct, and succinct.  As a guest lecturer at this reunion, I was asked about my opinion of the war and of those that ran from duty.  It takes no imagination what so ever regarding my reply of "they should lose their citizenship and be deported to a country of their choice.  I stuck by that statement then, and do so now.  I can't imagine why they don't like me any more.