jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you like the person that you love?

1. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Do you like the person that you love?

I've seen many relationships that I really wonder about. Some of them my own. Can you love someone and not like them? Seems like it but I don't understand how it happens.

2. michememe profile image77
    michememeposted 5 years ago

Yes, I really like the person I love. I often say he is me in the form of man. My Grandfather had a saying, "You don't have to like a family member but you do have to love them." It makes sense, you may not like their choices or ways, but you love them for the being they are.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, I adore my husband.  He is very likable and makes friends really easily - something I have no clue how to do.

I guess it would come down to loving the person and not liking the way they behave.  That would particularly be true for a parent -loving them but not liking the way they act.  I suppose that could be true for lovers as well.

4. neeleshkulkarni profile image43
    neeleshkulkarniposted 5 years ago

you need not like all the things about a person you love and you may occasionally strongly dislike things about that person but in balance there have to be more things you like than dislike otherwise the relationship   would not last beyond the lust stage.Even then the liking of the physical has to override the dislike of the other factors or it will not last.