jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

What makes a relationship last the distance?

1. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

What makes a relationship last the distance?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Absolute freedom, perfect faith and complete and implicit total trust and loyalty. This requires knowledge of oneself beyond what is obvious.

1. nikki_m profile image81
      nikki_mposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's an excellent answer! I have been through a long distance relationship, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

2. jacquelyn khloe profile image58
      jacquelyn khloeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

then,you should.....

3. unknown spy profile image74
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago
  4. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

Depends on the distance, of course....   

Sometimes, I can get a girl to drive out to Makeout Point with me... but it's astounding how many times they end up jumping out of the car, slamming the door and screaming at me;  "If you think I'm going to ride home with you, after THAT suggestion, YOU'RE CRAZY!!!!!!" 

She wouldn't go the distance with me......

5. tom hellert profile image61
    tom hellertposted 5 years ago

trust
    love
    intellectual intimacy
    respect
    great sexual chemistry

6. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

(Naturally Agreeing) on the major things in life and having the same goals for the relationship along with being madly "in love" with one another.
    There is no amount of (communication) or (work) that can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want. People who agree with each other most of the time tend to stay together. Who knew?! :-)

7. alphagirl profile image82
    alphagirlposted 5 years ago

Contentment. Freedom.The ability to function separately and so when you come together you have much to discuss and share. Some people can function better that way. if you are independent and are able to trust is important. You are no co-dependent on the other for survival on a daily basis.

8. mariale2003 profile image60
    mariale2003posted 5 years ago

Commitment, loyalty, trust, self confident and pure innocent love!!! That love that is blind enough that don't read statistics and deaf enough to don't listen other people experiences. Is a challenge to take and it is worth it!!!

9. Availiasvision profile image83
    Availiasvisionposted 5 years ago

A self sacrificing love with a deep respect for one another.  Love is uncomplicated when both parties deny themselves in favour of the other.  It is a daily choice.

10. ThunderKeys profile image66
    ThunderKeysposted 5 years ago

Great question as usual strictlydating! There are so many wonderful answers here that I'm only going to comment on how impressed I am with the tips and advice offered here by my fellow hubbers.

"Non of us is as smart as all of us!"

I'm also going to tweet this thread to my 10k twitter followers!

working