jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do you love? With words or actions?

1. sroberts9 profile image81
    sroberts9posted 5 years ago

How do you love?  With words or actions?

2. uNicQue profile image82
    uNicQueposted 5 years ago

I was always a very passionate person. I show love with actions, but I am primarily a verbal person. I tend to send my boyfriend of six years a lot of longer text messages and emails when we're apart (a few hours apart at college), reminding him how much I love him, how grateful I am to have him, etc. He, on the other hand, is very nonverbal. We often get into arguments about his lack of communication. When we're together though, I have no doubts about how he feels. Every person demonstrates emotions differently, and one is not necessarily better than the other.

1. sroberts9 profile image81
      sroberts9posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Have your read Steve Harvey's book about Think like a man, act like a lady?  I bought it for my daughter and she's finding some things out that give her an insite to young men today.  Check it out if you can.  I think you will like it. smile

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I believe most people use a combination of words and actions to show their love. Disappointment sets in when one feels they are not getting loved (the way) they want or need to be loved. Sometimes we expect people to become something they are not. Instead of tring to get someone to "change" we would be better off finding someone who (already is) the kind of person we want.
    It is important to remember that we (choose) our own friends, lovers, and spouse. There is no getting around that. If you go to the store to purchase an apple but buy an onion instead whose fault is that? Do you curse the onion for not being an apple? Ultimately we are responsible for our own happiness! Hopefully with experience we become better "shoppers" and make better choices for ourselves.

This philosophy is detailed in the book: My Cat Won't Bark! (A Relationship Epiphany). It doesn't tell you to "think like a man" however it does encourage you to do some (introspective thinking) in order to figure out what your (true desires) are and encourages you to approach relationships with complete awarness and self-empowerment. Below is a link with a description in case you're interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Wont-Bark-Rel … amp;sr=1-1

4. Nikki Major profile image60
    Nikki Majorposted 5 years ago

I show love through actions. Love is what Love does. My husband may say i love you only 5 or 6 times a year, or when he knows i really need to hear it. Most of the time it's what he does for me..cooking, cleaning, never forgetting an ocassion etc....that let's me know he loves me.

5. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I show love with both action and words. I think both are important in a relationship.

working