jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you more attracted to people whose personalities are similar to yours or ver

1. jolinabetts profile image82
    jolinabettsposted 5 years ago

Are you more attracted to people whose personalities are similar to yours or very different?

What differences attract you and why?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Absolutely! I learned a long time ago that opposites may attract in the short run but it's like that attracts like in the long run. :-)

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

As far as friendships go, I am attracted to people with similar personalities - dry sense of humor with a side of acute sarcasm.  I am more comfortable around friends who get my humor and sarcasm.

But for romantic relationships, I would want someone different to balance out my personality.  A lifetime 24/7 of sarcasm might be a bit much.  In my marriage, my husband has sort of learned to turn a deaf ear to my sarcasm--so we "get" each other.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Half and half. I am lazy but I like hardworkers. I like rustic and he should like rustic as well. He is a little more wild about food than me, but that's fine. We are both OCD as well.

5. Rebecca2904 profile image79
    Rebecca2904posted 5 years ago

I think it's not a matter of 'opposites attract' or people with similar personalities having better relationships, I think it's all about people who just 'click'. I've had a lot of friends in my life, but I've known very few people who I've just clicked with, who just understand where I'm coming from and gets my sense of humour. The people who I have clicked with have all had very different personalities, so I don't think it's a matter of personalities really at all. I think for people who we meet who do seem to understand us so well, we might be willing to try and alter our personality a little to try and keep the relationship strong anyway, for example being more selfless, patient and understanding with them than what we would be with most other people.

6. friends529 profile image69
    friends529posted 5 years ago

I tend to be attracted to people with different personalities but similar interests. This way I don't get bored, because I'm always being challenged by a person different from me. But I am able to enjoy things I like with the person I like!