jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you know if it's love or if it's just a fling?

1. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 4 years ago

How do you know if it's love or if it's just a fling?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Everyone you become infatuated with is "the one" until you realize they are not!
    Only time will reveal if you have chosen the "right mate" for yourself.

3. YvetteParker profile image73
    YvetteParkerposted 4 years ago

Love runs deeper than physicalities and emotions. Objectivity in those two areas will most likely result in you being able to truly evaluate whether you're experiencing love or a fling. Not to discount physicality or emotion, of course both are important, but they should not be the sole basis for pursuing another. Generally, when you meet someone, you can tell from the start whether it's going to lead to a long-term relationship where love blossoms, or whether it's just a fling and you're trying to convince yourself otherwise.

Questions to ask yourself: "Am I hoping this person will change?, Do we mutually respect each other? Am I embarrassed for my parents/family/friends to meet him/her? What is it that attracts me to this person? What do we share in common? Am I able to live in harmony with this person? Do our differences separate us or bring us together?"

Spend time with each other in a variety of settings; and as dashingscorpio said - time will reveal if you have chosen love or a fling.

4. wonderful1 profile image84
    wonderful1posted 4 years ago

You'll know by the presence that person has in your life. He/she will want to be part of your future. Real love means making plans, having common goals and motivation to help each other reach them.

Otherwise, someone is just there for a temporary fix of pleasure.

5. my_girl_sara profile image83
    my_girl_saraposted 4 years ago

Question 1, is that person available? (not married or attached)
    Question 2, what is everyone's level of commitment? Flings are short-lived. Love is through thick and thin.

Love is more than a feeling...

6. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Every relationship starts out as a fling, only time and familiarity will tell the difference.

7. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Sometimes love and a fling can be most confusing but the  one you are spending your  time with is  the one for you and that is love, going strong and heartfelt. A fling is shortlived