jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

My weddings in 2 months :D What are some good tips for happy new marriages?

1. Jade89 profile image84
    Jade89posted 4 years ago

My weddings in 2 months big_smile
    What are some good tips for happy new marriages?

2. Hearts and Lattes profile image90
    Hearts and Lattesposted 4 years ago

Getting close! My answers are: frequent sex and flirtation, try not to have the last word all the time or argue over most things, and make your house en enjoyable world your husband can step into so that he looks forward to coming home.

3. Andreea Cojocariu profile image59
    Andreea Cojocariuposted 4 years ago

You're going to change and grow. Be each other's bestfriend so you grow and change together in the same direction.

4. skgrao profile image72
    skgraoposted 4 years ago

Say yes even if you want to say no to your husband when there is an option.You can say NO later.
    Do not insult your husband's ego.
    Keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
    Allow your husband to enjoy your company with any one.
    Try to stand on your own by working to save money and be engaged.
    If you like kids just make one a girl or boy or a boy & Girl.
    Do not waste your time you can do what men can do.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Enjoy the little things. They might not seem like much, but they make a huge difference. During the rough times, they make everything brighter. Bring enjoyment into the relationship but empathize with each other. If one has a bad day, let him rant for 30 minutes, sit down to a nice meal, then everything should be better by then and make the end of the day the best time of day.

6. VVanNess profile image93
    VVanNessposted 4 years ago

Check out my articles on Wedding Planning and Marriage for some great articles!

Topics to Consider Before Getting Married:
    http://vvanness.hubpages.com/hub/Topics … ng-Married

Getting Along with Your New In-Laws:
    http://vvanness.hubpages.com/hub/Gettin … ew-In-Laws

Ignoring the Stereotypes About Marriage:
    http://vvanness.hubpages.com/hub/Ignori … t-Marriage

... and tons more!

7. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

The best tip I can give you is be yourself  be confident and take each stride as it comes to you, communicate about your daily activities and grow each day like best friends do. Learn to enjoy all times together forget the past focus on the present and make each moment special no matter what  it is be there for each other for all times. Most of  all be true to yourself and your partner, don't let the little things slip by you

1. skgrao profile image72
      skgraoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

!000000000000000000000000000000 YES.

8. allisonlawrence profile image75
    allisonlawrenceposted 4 years ago

I love that you're asking tips for marriage and not just the wedding itself. We often plan so much for the wedding but forget to plan for marriage! I would say a big one is talk through expectations. A lot of conflicts come from unmet expectations or disappointments. You can avoid many of those simply through talking through what each of you expect for things like your roles, family/in-laws, finances, and intimacy. Take a dinner or go out to coffee and have those conversations now. They'll save you from arguments later!

working