jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do nice guys always finish last?

1. billd01603 profile image86
    billd01603posted 4 years ago

Do nice guys always finish last?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I guess that is a matter of opinion, and mine is a resounding NO! My husband is a "nice guy" and he is awesome and I love him with all my heart. He is one of the sweetest people I have ever met with a genuinely good heart. In return he gets a wife who loves him (even when he's sick and looks like hell), children who love him, and a life that is pretty damn good. He's awesome and as far from a "bad boy" as he can be and that is wonderful to me.

3. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

I have found the answer to this mainly consist of how people think of themselves. Always, judging themselves instead of loving who they are. Not wanting to realize if they wanted someone else it was for the better.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Rarely if ever does the word "always" apply to anything.
    Most "nice guys" tend to have low key or introverted personalities. Where as the "bad boy" stands out, comes across as confident, exciting, unpredictable, mysterious, and usually is considered good looking and he (knows) it. The "bad boy" is a challenge!
    I have often said if you stick a woman in a room with five men and four of them get down on their knees extending their heart to her while the fifth guy sits in a corner sipping his cocktail and acting like she does not exist.....that will be the guy she wants to get to know! LOL! These women subscribe to the old quote:
    "We adore those who ignore us and ignore those who adore us."
    Lots of women go through their "bad boy" phase BEFORE they settle down with a "nice guy". Thus the expression "Nice guys finish last". In other words the nice guy has to (wait) for the woman to experience numerous heartaches and disappointments with the "bad boy" before she will give a "nice guy" a chance. Some of these guys refer to it as getting the "left overs".
    However it has also been said that nice guys clamor for the "hot chicks"  or "b^thces". One woman author wrote a book advising women to behave that way in order to attract men. Apparently "nice/good girls" have the same problem of attracting the kind of men they want to be with as well!
    Maybe "good girls" and "nice guys" are not attracted to each other! :-)