This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

What did you find attractive about your spouse?

1. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

What did you find attractive about your spouse?

The person you chose to marry must have  then had something that made you pop the question  what made you go that far?

2. Lori P. profile image86
    Lori P.posted 4 years ago

When we met, we both felt an irresistible attraction that was cosmic. It was spiritual and physical. As we got to know each other more and more, the psychological attraction was immense, too. He fascinated me. All we knew was that we couldn't bear to be apart from the day we met. He proposed 13 days later. We've been married for 28 years. It hasn't always been easy despite that magical start but our love keeps us together.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like all went well to be married for so many years thanky ou for taking part in this question. Well said.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Naturally physical attraction and chemistry played a major role. However that is common with just about anyone you decide to date or have a relationship with. I believe it's the level of comfort that comes with having so many things in common, shared values & desires,  and similar sense of humor that elevated things to a new level. It didn't hurt that each of our families instantly approved of us as a couple.
    However I do believe age, wisdom, maturity, and life experience plays a key role in leaning how to select the (right) mate for oneself. If I had met my wife when I was age 22 it's unlikely I would have viewed her as being "the one". Some of us need a few storms in our lives to appreciate the sun.
    I've often said: "The majority of us fail our way to success when it comes to relationships". If we didn't I suppose most of us would be married to our Jr. high school sweethearts! :-)

1. DDE profile image24

You are right  about the way one can be attracted to another well said and thought of about his question. thank you.

4. Sundeep Kataria profile image72
    Sundeep Katariaposted 4 years ago

Her simplicity and honesty just bowled me over!

I am so glad and thankful that till date these qualities are inseparable part of her personality.

1. DDE profile image24

Great  think about simplicity and honesty bringing two people together good luck!

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image54
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

His charm, his sense of humour, his intelligence and his respectful behaviour towards my parents and of course his overall personality.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the helpful answer.

6. MargaritaEden profile image74
    MargaritaEdenposted 4 years ago

His character, stability, intellect, personality, looks, and goals in life that matched mine.

1. DDE profile image24

Nicely put together thank you

working