jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Did you marry for love or for convenience?

1. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Did you marry for love or for convenience?

Marrying for love or not it does make a difference in couple's lives. Some people marry for political reasons or for religion.

2. amiebutchko profile image87
    amiebutchkoposted 4 years ago

I married for love or, as best as I could judge at that age, what I thought love was.  I followed faith and my heart.  Thankfully, thankfully, it has worked out for me!!!!  I would imagine people marry for a range of reasons, that we may not even understand in full at the time!

1. DDE profile image23
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Married for love  great glad you feel that way as you get older you see it more and more thank you

3. Cre8tor profile image97
    Cre8torposted 4 years ago

I loved my wife. I love my wife. Marriage? I suppose we did what we felt we had to do given our circumstances. It really made no difference to us as far as our hearts were concerned. We've been married now for going on 11 years but have loved each other for 13. Everyone has their reason, I just hope its not because they think it will increase another's love for them or keep them loyal. No document or ceremony can do this.

1. DDE profile image23

I so agree with this  ''I just hope its not because they think it will increase another's love for them or keep them loyal. No document or ceremony can do this.'' Thank you.

4. bipolartist profile image77
    bipolartistposted 4 years ago

How could anyone spend the rest of their lives with someone they did not thoroughly love? I barely like people, so love is very important to me. After seeking something to fix me my entire life, finding love was the platform from which I could leap into happiness.

With that love comes differences, but none that matter.

1. DDE profile image23

Love brings happiness and if you don't love how can yu be happy my best answer is from you.

5. profile image61
    billys1posted 4 years ago

Love is not something that we can find by ourselves.  Love is something that finds us and sometimes when we least expect it to.  Pop, thee it is.  Sometimes we do not even want to find it but it is still there.  If we ignore it and waste it then it is a very sad and sorrowful thing indeed.  We need to always to both love and respect those that we are with, especially if the one that we are with is our life's partner.

1. DDE profile image23
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for answering this question  your true mind says it all.

working