jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What's your view of homosexuality? Is it criminal?

1. Prakash RnP profile image47
    Prakash RnPposted 4 years ago

What's your view of homosexuality? Is it  criminal?

The Supreme Court of India has today ruled that homosexual activities, according to the Indian law, amount to a kind of crime. I strongly disapprove of the law that makes such activities criminal. As I view it, homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality. Further, the practice of homosexuality does not any good nor any harm to any individuals or society. It appears to me an innocent natural aberration. Therefore, I hold the view that the law in question ought to be repealed.

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

I agree with you. I think governmental ignorance and discrimination is abhorrent in any country.  It is not the governments business who anyone has a sexual relationship with so long as that relationship is among two adults of age who are both consenting.

1. jlpark profile image85
      jlparkposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You saved me from answering! I agree!

3. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

The courts are wrong. Homosexuality should not be made a criminal act. As we move forward I hope the law makers re-think and repeal this abominable law which will only help embed more prejudice, hatred and misunderstanding. It's time for a real moral shift on homosexuality - are young men not being hung in Iran just for being gay? That is disgusting.

4. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

Everyone has the right to chose who they want to be with, or at least they should. It's definitely not criminal to have a relationship of your choice with a consenting adult, regardless of gender.

working