jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you keep your Friendship with envious people?

1. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Do you keep your Friendship with envious people?

Envious people can make one  feel frustrated do you think they  should still be friendly with an envious friend?

2. MargaritaEden profile image75
    MargaritaEdenposted 4 years ago

Sometimes its not very possible not to be friends with them, because they are part of your circle of friends, and you just can't be friends with everyone and not that person. Trust them with anything, no, but still be not so close friends, yes.

1. DDE profile image27
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good answer  thank you

3. profile image59
    billys1posted 4 years ago

Envious people are lonely people.  I truly feel empathy for them.  They have very low self esteem and feel that their self worth is almost non existent.  They are living their lives with feelings of discontent or resentfulness and are longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities. In other words, they see in other people the qualities or things that they themselves are lacking but probably could obtain with the proper efforts if they didn't waste the precious little time that we spend here on earth.  Short answer now, yes I would keep a friendship with a person that was envious of me but at the same time I would try to assist them in attaining the thing or things it is/was that they are lacking (baring my spouse of course, she is out of bounds, but someone like her for them if a true committed marital relationship was what they were in search of).

1. DDE profile image27
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

A well thoughtful answer thank you.

working