How do you get over a man who has found his life long partner?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

How do you get over a man who  has found his life long partner?

A man finally found his partner and is getting married soon but the woman who he knew before his partner is finding it hard to get over his closeness he once had with her. She is happy for him but afraid she is going to lose his friendship.

2. Julia Robart profile image59
    Julia Robartposted 4 years ago

Forget him and search a new partner.
    I can provide your love compatibility with your partner for free.
    Visit www.julia-horoscope.com and submit your and your partner details.

1. DDE profile image26
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

3. Jackwms profile image60
    Jackwmsposted 4 years ago

She is probably right. The new wife/partner will undoubtedly feel threatened if she continues a "close" relationship with him. Chances are her feelings toward him are more than platonic. She needs to move on.

1. DDE profile image26

Thank you for sharing your answer here

4. profile image52
    LavanyaNakkaposted 4 years ago

It always happens to most of us. We are just scared and worried that we may not find someone as good as him. We are afraid to lose what we have now. The truth is life is full of opportunities and there is always hope. Everything is in our brain. We keep on telling ourselves that we cant afford to lose them or we cannot live without them. We have to stop thinking that way. Just let it go and move on. You will definitely find someone better and you will never feel sorry for what you have done

1. DDE profile image26

Thank you for answering this question lots to think about here.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

That is one of the risks of friendships between the opposite sexes. Even if they want to remain close  their spouses or significant others may be opposed to it. If someone has to choose between their love or their friend most people will choose love.
    My guess is if this woman has a man of her own he probably would not approve of her having a "close" friendship with another man.
    Having said that it's very possible this woman is worrying too much about something that has not happened. He may continue to be her friend but naturally won't have the same amount of time to invest with her. That's life. Ideally one has more than one friend to confide in.
    "Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength." - Corrie ten Boom

1. DDE profile image26

A  useful answer to me. thank you

6. Billie Kelpin profile image85
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

To any man or a woman in this situation, perhaps the following would help:

1.  If "the die is cast" so to speak, applaud yourself for your nobility in handling the situation.  This is perhaps one of the hardest things we humans have to face in life - the loss of love as we once knew it.  If you're handling this with grace and dignity, marvel at your ability to do so. You might even want to go out and buy yourself a little treat!

2. Start planning your next big trip; your next big project, etc. This type of distraction can bring us happiness during sorrowful times. (Last night I was trying to get to sleep thinking happy thoughts of the PAST sad and suddenly I thought, "Why am I doing THAT?" I want to think of happy plans in the FUTURE!)  Little kids do that all the time, and I think that's how they keep themselves so happy and excited. So in the middle of the night I wore myself out with happiness by planning my upcoming birthday party. (I decided to rent a karaoke machine.  See what I mean?)

3.  Be sure to keep your standards high in your search of a new "best friend' or partner and find someone with even MORE wonderfully compatible qualities.  Don't "settle" out of fear or lonliness.  While no one is "better" than another, it's important to find someone who matches you as well and perhaps even BETTER than the person you lost.  Find that exceptional person and remember that person is also searching for YOU!

4.  Be assured that one day, you will be able to look back at all the wonderful memories and realize they are YOURS.  They are no other person's.  The interactions you have or had with another cannot be duplicated.  No one else has had those, not even the new spouse.  Those memories belong to you and YOU own them.  They are yours to keep and to cherish.

I have to add that all of this may or may not be based on psychologically heathy coping mechanisms.  Therefore, it should be "taken under advisement," "with a grain of salt," and with one's own "tweeking" of the concepts. 

Cheers from Billie

1. DDE profile image26

You made helpful points here thank you

7. fivesenses profile image75
    fivesensesposted 4 years ago

No point crying over spilt milk...If he has found someone to share his life with,his ex lover will only create friction in his new life with the other woman.....best is that she should get over him and move on.

1. DDE profile image26

Let go sounds easy and helpful emotionally thank you

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)