jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

I'm in a very Toxic/destructive/unhealthy Marriage, needing Husband to leave but

  1. profile image55
    helen-taff-wrightposted 3 years ago

    I'm in a very Toxic/destructive/unhealthy Marriage, needing Husband to leave but He refuses! HELP??

    My Husband & I constantly argue. I really need Him to leave My House as I'm completely stressed out & feel very Sick from it all. Really need some space & time away from Him, but He is being very difficult & is refuses to go anywhere, which just creates more problems. Please Help..

  2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

    Is this your house as in you had it before him, or your house as in you bought it while together and it is in your name? Either way, you married him and unless there is a prenuptial agreement then he has fair rights to the home. The only way of getting him out will be to file for divorce and request the courts to make him leave. In some areas you can evict a spouse but that is in very few areas.

  3. Amanda108 profile image93
    Amanda108posted 3 years ago

    If you're married to him then it is his house too. I wouldn't leave it if I were him either. If you need space, then it's your responsibility to leave. Stay with a friend or family member. If you're truly desperate there's always a women's shelter.

  4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

    If you want a divorce contact an attorney to get some legal advice.

  5. profile image0
    Dave36posted 3 years ago

    Think about it like this Helen you have 3 options, you can a) stay & suffer, b) he can move out, or c) you can move out..Like you say he won't go so that's b out of the question, you could stay but your'l be miserable, so in my honest opinion you should go & save your mental/physical health..You do really need some space & time away from him, so you should take whatever option you can..Get a solicitors/lawyers advice if you have to regarding what happens to your house, but go & get the space you need if that's possible.

  6. danicole profile image81
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

    It depends on the specifics of your situation. If the situation is dangerous and you fear for your life, get out of there quick. Don't let him know, just leave. If its isn't as extreme, maybe you should leave and get some space on your own. Perhaps stay at a family member's house or a friend's house or perhaps in motel or hotel room. If you can't afford or have the resources for a motel/hotel room, family or friends is the best route to go. If you don't have friends or family and any money or resources, perhaps you can take constant walks or drives outside. Spend time with yourself, and less time at home, in your house. If he wants to be stubborn and difficult let him be, it's your health and well being you should be concerned with. Good luck!!!

  7. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

    You feel stressed out and feel drained off your energy when he is around it is time for time-out and decision-making.

  8. WiccanSage profile image96
    WiccanSageposted 3 years ago

    You're going to need to file for divorce.

    If the house is jointly owned, you risk losing it if you leave it now.

    If the house is his and he will most likely be granted the house in divorce, then just go.

    If it's your house, then yeah-- you'll need to file for a divorce, and a judge will have to deal with the assets & order him to leave. If he refuses to leave it could get messy but your only recourse are to start legal proceedings or you be the one to leave.

  9. wordswithlove profile image80
    wordswithloveposted 3 years ago

    Helen, you say you need him to leave so you can have some space and time by yourself. As the others here have suggested, have you considered leaving yourself? Or are there reasons you cannot walk out, such as children, perhaps?
    You clearly need tangible help. You are entitled to your space and time, temporarily or permanently, Seek some counseling for yourself, if you can. Sometimes, it helps you figure out how to do this, when you put all your thoughts out to someone who has a clearer and more detached vision.