jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What have you learned from your hardest time?

1. elayne001 profile image71
    elayne001posted 3 years ago

What have you learned from your hardest time?

2. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Great question! I have learned to  appreciate my life more and to be positive through all times.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 3 years ago

Being in a cult taught me two things:
    1) There is no cosmic Santa Claus.
    2) There is more than one way to think.
    On a positive note, it has made me more open-minded.  On a negative note - it's all up to me, inadequate or not.  Regarding the latter, I have a long struggle ahead.

4. mikicagle profile image90
    mikicagleposted 3 years ago

My husband suffered complete renal failure in 2012. Since that time we have struggled with surgeries and other health issues. The hardest part of all of it though was the abandonment by friends I thought I had. People who I thought would be supportive suddenly just evaporated. I've learned that in this life it is your family that truly matters. Without my son, daughter, mother-in-law, sister, and niece I don't think I would have gotten through this. I am going to donate one of my kidneys to my husband sometime this upcoming year and I know those few people will be beside us the entire way. I'm no longer going to waste my time on people who don't deserve me

1. elayne001 profile image71
      elayne001posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I experienced a similar dilemma (disappearing friends) earlier in my life. It was a hard lesson to learn, but it has made it harder to trust people. Thankfully, my children and spouse are very supportive now.

5. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

"It's not the end of the world!"
    No matter what one is going through at some point they will be in better place mentally and emotionally than they are in that moment.
    The average "book of life" contains many chapters!

6. tom yam profile image61
    tom yamposted 3 years ago

I've been very lucky over the years and not really fallen on such hard times but when things have been difficult for me, the one thing i have learned is who my true friends really are. And surprise surprise, i didn't have as many as i thought!

working