jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Terms in Sexual Orientation - any you'd like clarified?

1. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

Terms in Sexual Orientation - any you'd like clarified?

There are numerous terms in sexual orientation and gender identity, and some are not well understood. What are the terms you'd like to have clarified in relation to this?

2. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

Good question! Most of us 'straight' people only think in terms of 'straightness'. I think if the mystery were removed, people might actually begin to see lgbts in a better light.
    I have been approached by one lesbian, and had thoughts about two other women that I thought were amazingly attractive. I didn't know what to do in either case.
    I have also thought that having a female roommate would be so much more preferable than living with a 'husband'. But in a non-sexual way. I can't say that I feel sexually attracted to women. But at this point in my life, due to medical reasons, I don't feel sexually attracted or attractive to either sex.
    But, I realize it's not all about sex, and I would like to know more about how sexual orientation works in general. And gender identity too. It's not something that I wonder about obsessively or anything. But I am curious about human behavior in general. I think inquiring minds want to know!

3. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 3 years ago

I've always thought there were only 3 - straight, gay, and bi.  How many more do we need?

P.S.  I'm straight, but not narrow.

1. jlpark profile image86
      jlparkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So did I for a long time - but there are a few more, and several in relation to gender identity and expression.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Yes, what is your definition of Sexual Intercourse?

5. profile image57
    spiritual havenposted 23 months ago

I just have a question myself I need help clarifying! I understand what discrimination means. But when someone does discriminate. How can you tell? And what are the sign's?