jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How often do you say "I love you"?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago

How often do you say "I love you"?

Do you say it every day?. occasionally? once in a while? rarely?... and to whom?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

Quite a bit over the past few years, but as a young man almost never.  Brought up in a household where I'd never ever heard it said as a child, I was conditioned to think those sort of statements were not made.  Stiff upper lip and all that nonsense - that was the United Kingdom when I was a lad in the 1940s.    Only sooks made such statements.

Australia was ever bit as bad.  A person who said those sorts of things was regarded as 'too soft,' 'too sentimental.'   Mucho was king here, and to a large degree still is.

Prior to getting married I probably said "I love you," no more than a couple of times to anyone.   Now, I even tell my cat I love her.   My wife, my grownup children.   Yes, even myself.   I look in the mirror and say, "I love you."

And you know what?  It doesn't seem the least insincere.  That's how much I've grown in self acceptance and the acceptance of others over the years...and I'm quite contented with that...though I continue to work on it.

3. e-five profile image94
    e-fiveposted 3 years ago

Thankfully, I was able to say it just yesterday, in person.  On average I do it once or twice a week.

4. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12221603_f260.jpg

Not enough, never enough may perhaps be a better answer for me. I need to say it much more than I do.

working