jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is the meaning of the silence of a girl while proposing to her?

1. icv profile image63
    icvposted 2 years ago

What is the meaning of the silence of a girl while proposing to her?

2. Venkatachari M profile image41
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

Actually, I don't have any experience in this field. But, I think, silence is half acceptance. There is a saying, you know, "mounam ardhangikaram". So, she must be positive to it. But, can't express as a girl. You should know through other expressions and free talking making feel comfortable. May be she might be having some doubts or problems also.

1. icv profile image63
      icvposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for posting your comments

3. alancaster149 profile image87
    alancaster149posted 2 years ago

If you listen carefully while you wait you can hear cogs whirring inside her head as she thinks it over. The main stream of thought is "What's in it for me?"
    It's called self-preservation. She has to think beyond the white dress, the 'something  borrowed, something blue, something old and something new'.
    That's the married life that has to be weighed against single existence. The options can be frightening for some - as with some men - and the thought of being 'tied to the kitchen sink' or 'hauling the hoover' isn't the most exciting prospect. Nor is being a baby machine.
    In the case of arranged marriages things are different, you will appreciate. You maybe don't get jilted brides or grooms.
    So when the whirring stops and a smile rises to her lips, be careful not to leap in. This is where the trick question comes:
    "All right, what if..." (circumstances alter the rest of this question, so be on your toes). There isn't a set answer, it's ad libbing time. Any good at thinking on your knees?.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

If she didn't smile and say; "Yes!" it's a noooooooooooo.

working