jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

why relacionships dont'work.

1. paige1 profile image55
    paige1posted 7 years ago

relacionships dont works somentimes.cause we human got problems trusting one another.or somentimes we are with the wrong person.and we are to hard  headed to accept it.....

2. goldenpath profile image72
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

Personal pride leads to all relationship downfall.  It society were to move toward empathy and understanding one with another we would be able to salvage relationships and marriages on a scale of astronomical numbers.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Pride is the one barrier that can seem insurmountable.

1. goldenpath profile image72
        goldenpathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I really need to proofread my remarks better.  Bad spelling is a result of speed typing and really gets on my nerves. 

I say we all go down to Sneako's for some BBQ and for some constructive lessons on relationships.  smile

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You'll have to catch me at the Sugar Bowl!big_smile

1. goldenpath profile image72
            goldenpathposted 7 years agoin reply to this

NO WAY!  You are going!  You know, there are just some things in this universe that are just wrong - this is one of them.  Have fun and don't forget to return and report.

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Pam and I have a totally solid marriage...but it IS my 7th and her 5th.  As for my first 6 "no-go" attempts, seems from my perspective that there were many different reasons for the failures. 

One reason above all, though:  I wouldn't "settle" and kept dumping the ladies until I found the right one.  Took me until age 53 to Get 'R' Done, but finally succeeded in 1996. big_smile

(Note: We've been hooked at the hip these past 13 years, working on 14 now, and no other spouse lasted longer than 8 years.  We'll have that doubled pretty soon, going for triple.)

4. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 7 years ago

In my past relationships there have been a number of factors that have gone wrong, but I think the big one with the one I actually married was going ahead with the relationship even though I knew it was a bad idea. We all have that little voice in our heads, we need to listen to it.

As for me...getting ready for marriage #2, his #3, and this definitely feels like the last one smile...learning to honestly communicate with each other is another big one, and being willing to shoulder an equal load to that of your partner.

working