jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)

The other woman

1. speedbird profile image71
    speedbirdposted 6 years ago

Is it true that women end up wanting men other women want?

1. Ms.Wakeelah profile image67
      Ms.Wakeelahposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes, but in my case I would rater have someone of my own instead of someone that's already with somebody else. I don't like sharing, and I don't want to risk being confronted by somebody.

2. marketingskeptic profile image73
      marketingskepticposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes, but I doubt they do it on purpose. I think it's more because there's a very prevalent stereotype of the "perfect guy" and when a woman sees another guy treat his girlfriend like she's his world...well, I imagine she (the other woman) would dream of being treated just as well; thus, the reason why she ends up wanting a man that other women want.

3. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No. Women find Men who are already taken more attractive than those who are not. Why? Because, it's a forbidden fruit, sort of thing. They want what they cannot have. lol

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
        Rochelle Frankposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That is a very general all-inclusive statement and I doubt that it applies to most.
        (I want the one I have.)

1. Greek One profile image74
          Greek Oneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

See!  You too want a man who is already taken!

Yeah, but it was ultimately his choice.

1. Greek One profile image74

oh please, you had him at 'Hi, I'm a Hubber"

That line works every time!

Wish I had known that 49 years ago when we got engaged.

2. Cagsil profile image60

Women who are taken Rochelle usually have no need to stray, unless problems. wink

I simply pointed out that women are attracted to guys who are already taken and why. tongue

Just because Eve supposedly went for the 'forbidden fruit', doesn't mean that most women do. I think that view is condescending. big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image60

I'm sure from your perspective it is condescending to a degree.

However, as a man, who has been taken, I can tell you that I've been hit on more when I am in a relationship versus not being in one. So, that's my basis for saying. tongue

4. Greek One profile image74

Logically speaking, a woman doesn't want a man no woman wants

2. matherese profile image61
    mathereseposted 6 years ago

When there are many women around few men yes this sort of things happen.  It boost the male ego!!

3. safiq ali patel profile image74
    safiq ali patelposted 6 years ago

I suppose some women do end up wanting men that other women want. There is something of a fierce culture of rivalry and competition in female culture that is harsh and hard to understand. It's not always nice or flattering for a fella when several women are fighting for him.

1. speedbird profile image71
      speedbirdposted 6 years agoin reply to this

True smile

4. SusaWHAT?! profile image36
    SusaWHAT?!posted 6 years ago

I think that it's true for most girls, but also some get annoyed by it and are completely opposite.

5. donnatru profile image78
    donnatruposted 6 years ago

I think it's cheap to flirt or go after someone elses partner. If he's availabel and everyone else wants him well then let them have him.

Most likely if several women are interested, the man will choose the best looking woman.

6. perfectperception profile image60
    perfectperceptionposted 6 years ago

I guess there are plenty of women who think this way but most find that the man is either not worth it or not leaving home

7. Mighty Mom profile image87
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Consider the alternative. Would you want a man nobody else wanted? (Some women would actually say, "Yes!" to this question).

If you find yourself in a competition for a man, step back and let her go after him. If she's too aggressive, he will end up rejecting her and coming to you.
    I am not making this up!

working