getitrite profile image 81

Is There Any Reason That I Would Want To Go To Heaven?...

Is there any reason other than...the other choice is Hell? I have no desire whatsoever to go to such a place that is described in the Bible as Heaven. To me it is just the lesser of two evils. I couldn't imagine worshiping some master everyday for eternity. That's perpetual slavery...to a master who did all those unjust merciless things depicted in the Bible. How Grim. I could never feel comfortable. Why do people convince themselves that they really want to go to such a monstrous place?

Arachnea profile image86

Best Answer Tanya Jones (Arachnea) says

• Darrell Roberts profile image

Darrell Roberts 2 years ago

I like your answer, short and right on the money.

• getitrite profile image

getitrite 2 years ago

Manatita, Did you ever think that I'm just looking for answers to see what kinds of fallacies will be used to justify a desire to go to Heaven. I need input from people, to see if anyone has any logical answers. Everyone wants to change the question.

Jack Burton profile image78

Jack Burton says

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 2 years ago

My sentiments exactly!

Jackie Lynnley profile image78

Jackie Lynnley says

• getitrite profile image

getitrite 2 years ago

Really, Are we talking about the same God who had to drown all of His children because of His bumbling errors? How does that fit with your assertions? If He couldn't get this world right, why should I have any confidence in Him in the next world?

linfcor profile image83

Linda F Correa (linfcor) says

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 2 years ago

You do make a good point, if there is no God, no afterlife and this life is all there is there is no meaning to life, everyone's life is simply a culmination of chemical reactions that started millions of years ago (totally by chance) leaving a void.

Darrell Roberts profile image78

Darrell Roberts says

• getitrite profile image

getitrite 2 years ago

Darrell,

Lets See...you said, " We may not have memories of this life"

Isn't that about the same as being DEAD?

SirDent says

• getitrite profile image

getitrite 2 years ago

SirDent, But it seems that the God of the OT is not capable of such a task. Look at all the bumbling mistakes He made with His earthly creation. Having to destroy most of the population, ultimately ending in the torture & murder of His own son.

Old-Empresario profile image61

Old-Empresario says

• getitrite profile image

getitrite 2 years ago

I can understand having that view, but at least Heaven should be a place that one should really want to go to. I think if there was a real reason that people REALLY wanted to go to the biblical Heaven, there would be no need for the threat of Hell.

• getitrite profile image

getitrite 2 years ago

Furthermore, if the rape victim does not accept Jesus before she dies, the rapist will get to watch her get thrown into the lake of fire, to be tortured forever. That makes perfect sense.

What is Heaven? Why MOST People WANT To Go to Heaven While Some .......WELL.....83

What is Heaven? Why MOST People WANT To Go to Heaven While Some .......WELL.....

• getitrite profile image

getitrite 2 years ago

Great article. I think most people's desire to go to Heaven..especially the Christian version...stems from a fear of Hell, and an irrational fear that death is final.

getitrite profile image81

getitrite says

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 2 years ago

This"answer"demonstrates just how evil you are.Jt knew you deleted my comment.so by your own words "I have never deleted a comment or answer...EVER! If I had, I would admit to it."I would admit it?"integrity?You don't know the meaning of the word

• getitrite profile image

getitrite 2 years ago

JT. What do you mean, "nothing to worry about "...? Did you forget about Hell? But could you tell me the reasons why I would actually WANT to go to Heaven, if there was no threat of going to Hell?

Lybrah says

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

Lybrah, the immorality of eternal, flaming torture should be enough to convince anyone that it's false. Our conscience tells us Hell is wrong. If there were a Hell, then no human being could ever be as cruel and sadistic as the god you describe.

tsadjatko profile image76

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

• Link10103 profile image

Link10103 2 years ago

You do realize this comment is incredibly offensive and consists of personal attacks right?

You also seemed to have proved a point I don't think getitrite was even trying to make. Bravo.

Rusty Dayuna (Tikoi) says

• Link10103 profile image

Link10103 2 years ago

Well, there are plenty of other versions of paradise that promise the same or similar things. Why not follow those religions/gods?

starsofeight profile image60

Daniel L. Herring (starsofeight) says

• getitrite profile image

getitrite 2 years ago

Starsofeight, It seems that there have been several different descriptions of Heaven-within this discussion. Why is that? And yes, I do have an aversion to worship, because worship seems a very undignified admiration taken to a disturbing degree.

Castlepaloma profile image24

Castlepaloma says