Anything is possible....

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (124 posts)
  1. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 10 years ago

Do you agree/disagree/unsure? Why?

1. profile image0
      Rayne123posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agree, things can change in a matter of seconds right before our very eyes.

2. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Anything man puts his mind to is possible, its just a matter of time and money.

As for eating the sun I know a curry house in Birmingham that could make your mouth feel like you have just achieved that feat.

1. profile image0
        MysticMoonlightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yum, curry. The hotter the better too. There is this local place and their hot wings...my mouth isn't the same for days but oh, so good smile

3. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Humm, anything? Don't be ridiculous.

Can you fit a live camel through the eye of a needle?

Can you escape the pull of a black hole at the event horizon?

Can you walk on Jupiter?

Can you suck a piano into your lungs?

Can you eat the entire sun? I like that one, thanks Zelkiiro,

Can you swim the pacific ocean unaided without stopping.

Can you dig a whole to China?

Can you jump to the moon?

Can you jump to Andromeda ?

Can you successfully hide behind a hydrogen atom?

Can you live from a million years.

Is anything possible? Perhaps you should reword your question.

1. profile image0

It was a statement and then I asked if you agreed/disagreed/unsure.

1. profile image0

So I'll take your contribution as a disagree. Thanks for stating why you disagree.

2. jacope profile image84
        jacopeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just out of curiousity, why are you limiting what can/cannot be done to the physical realm? Just because you can't do it physically, doesn't mean it can't be done astrally, or in another realm. wink Perspective is everything.

1. profile image0

Oh wait, good idea. I'll just jump to the astral realm and try to jump to Andromeda...
          Nope can't get there to try. In this realm it's impossible to jump to Andromeda and since we can't get to any other realms we can't try to jump to Andromeda there.

Thanks for making an addition.

We can't get to other realms.

1. jacope profile image84

Yes we can. I do it nearly every night. You just have to learn how. It takes time & effort but it is most certainly possible. Thousands of other people around the world do it as well, so I'm not the only one in case you were wondering.

1. profile image0

Sure, that's called dreaming, but dreaming is not the same as reality. In your dreams you can just to Andromeda, but in reality (when awake) you can't.

No it's not dreaming. If it were dreaming my friend wouldn't remember the same things I do when we talk about it the next day now would we. Nor would I be able to do it while being conscious of it & feel it in my physical body. And my friend wouldn't have had the experience of waking up with a bruise of teeth marks when it was in the astral that she was bitten. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't believe, that's up to you. But just because it's not something you are willing to accept into your reality, doesn't mean it doesn't exist in someone elses. And just because you haven't experienced it, & accepted that experience, doesn't mean it isn't real or that it won't one day make itself known to you whether you want it or not.

As a side note, most people call them out of body experiences, regardless of whether they happen while awake or asleep.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
                  A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

But, they aren't really out of body experiences, that isn't possible.

How can you be so certain that it isn't?

150 years ago we couldn't have spoken to each other on the telephone if we lived next door, now we can communicate between us in many different ways, if we were lucky enough we could meet on the moon, the technology is available and all in 150 years, what could humans do in another 1000 years?
            My great grandfather would have considered it impossible to fly to America never mind the moon.

1. profile image0
              Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good answer.

1. Silverspeeder profile image60

The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.
                Arthur C Clarke

1. profile image0

I love a good quote.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

It is truly amazing what science has provided us, too bad the religionists have to fight science all the way. If not for them, Galileo might have been the first man on the moon.

1. Silverspeeder profile image60

I thought the Church and the Jesuits support Galileo until he wrote "Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems", I believe the pope saw it as a personal slur, but then most people in power hate being challenged.

2. Tbland profile image59
                Tblandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Galileo would never had gone to the moon. They hadn't even gotten the bugs out sea travel.

3. profile image0

Very true, Silverspeeder. We've came so far in such a short time, it really boggles the mind if you really sit and think about it. My grandparents which are in their late 70s and early 80s are completely dumbstruck at just how many things they have seen come about in their lifetime. Makes me wonder what my grandchildren will someday see and witness!

4. profile image0

Sorry, no one is taking a leap to Another galaxy.

1. Tbland profile image59

nope

No one was taking a leap to the moon 60yrs ago either.

Science fiction seems to have a habit of becoming science fact.

A space crafts launched in my lifetime has reached the edge of our solar system after 37 years, I would never have thought that possible in 1976. So maybe not in our lifetime but we should never say never.

1. profile image0

I said it was impossible jump to another galaxy. As in leap with ones legs. Let's not compare the distance to the edge of our solar system to the distance to another galaxy. It takes light millions of years just to get out of our own galaxy.

Our galaxy, at best, is about 120,000 light years across and our solar system is about 27,000 light years from the galactic center.

5. Tbland profile image59

That's all Tech.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Some thing are impossible.  I cannot turn into a dragon using willpower alone, for example.

1. profile image0

Makes sense... although if you were one of the X-men... no problema.

5. profile image0
      mbuggiehposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Anything is possible. Somethings are improbable, but very little seems impossible.

1. profile image0

I like the way you think, mbuggieh smile

jacopeposted 10 years ago

It is. I've seen, experienced, & done things that many would say are impossible. I think it just depends on your perspective. People said it was impossible for people to fly & yet millions do everyday.

3. profile image0

Hello Rayne123 and jacope! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm at this point of, duh, the more inquisitive I become, the more I observe, study, experience and question, the more I keep thinking, 'Hmm, well, I guess anything is possible.' I find myself saying this more and more all the time. And then, I find, the more I say it, it's like another door opens. Like you were saying, jacope, it's all about perspective for sure. I guess I must've been very, very closed minded for far too long and that's funny because I've always took pride in my open-mindedness (so I thought)! Ha smile

4. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 10 years ago

MysticMoonlight:
    I 100% agree that anything is possible. Some things that have happened in my life that seemed impossible were actually very real and true indeed. Great subject . Thanks!!!

1. Zelkiiro profile image86
      Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bullsh!t.

Eat the sun.

1. moneyfairy profile image60
        moneyfairyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What is billsh!t???
        Eat the sun???What the heck is that statement???
        Why do you even bother responding if it's a subject you are not interested in or believe in??

If anything is possible, then clearly it's possible for a single human to eat the entire sun.

I mean, anything IS possible, right?

1. moneyfairy profile image60
            moneyfairyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well if man can walk on the moon....who knows what is possible in the future smile  You obviously would be on a suicide mission if you even attempted to get that close to the sun....
            c'mon Really???

2. Tbland profile image59

Absolutely!

3. profile image0
      2. profile image0

Why are you so negative? I would say this fell under the category of philosophy and not religion so why the immediate animosity? If mysticmoonlight walked in to a hospital and told a kid going thru chemo that anything was possible and to stay positive, would you spout that same statement? I mean there's disagreeing with something and then there's disagreeing with malice and a few ppl here can't seem to keep the venom out of their speech. I don't get it.

1. profile image0

Is Mystic a child in need of care? He or she is an adult, asking a question.

1. profile image0

uh huh

2. profile image0

Rad Man, I made this statement as just that, a statement. Not necessarily as a personal statement of insistance. I didn't mean to present this statement necessarily at a slant of which way I was leaning toward to imply whether a participant was necessarily agreeing/disagreeing/unsure with ME, I was just asking for philosophy on it. I apologize if I did put a personal slant on the statement that angered you or triggered a 'how dare you' response from you. I wasn't necessarily absolutely insisting that anything is possible, per say. I was curious how people really feel about this statement because it is a saying that is very commonly used in America and I wanted to hear people's view on this commonly used statement. It certainly wasn't a statement meant to induce a verbal punch in the face, just "asking" a philosophical question to trigger philosophical answers.

My apologies to all for the confusions if there were any.

2. profile image0

Indeed Beth, it was intended as simply philosophical and thank you. Perhaps I should have clarified that and worded it slightly differently. I did not realize that it might be anything that'd hit a nerve with anyone.

MysticMoonlight, I don't know about anyone else but I certainly didn't see anything wrong with the way you worded it. It's a simple question, and most people seem to have taken it as such. It is no fault of yours if anyone chooses to be offended by it, that is their choice & I doubt it would change no matter how you had worded the question. Please do not try to take the blame for the way others choose to react to a simple question, that it not a burden for anyone but those people to carry. We are all responsible for our own words, actions, & reactions for they are ours & no other's.

1. profile image0

Thank you, jacope smile

smile Only stating a fact, sometimes I have trouble with taking blame for the actions/words of others too & have to remind myself that it's their choice & responsibility not mine. Hugs to you.

5. Tbland profile image59
    Tblandposted 10 years ago

Disagree. with God all things are possible...not so with us mere humans. It sounds good but untrue, it's inspiring but points out immediately our limitations. A 60 year old man can not play pro football, his speed is lost ,his mobility is limited and any injuries would be slow to heal. We can however achieve many things we have the ability to do. Education being one of the easiest, as long as you can read and write. Starting a business at 80 with prior knowledge and capitol..um..not so much.

1. profile image0
      1. Tbland profile image59

Okay, so the is in okay shape for someone using enhancements. He looks good in a picture but when he's getting up in the morning he will still feel 70.
            My dad is 76 and in great shape "all natural"  he kicked prostate cancer in the jewels. He has always exercised, lift weights, jumped rope and taken vitamins. That's how he bounced back from cancer but he can no longer lift as much nor walk up steps as he used too. The older he get the less he can do. He is also getting as his joints stiffen.
             So, no, can't play football...oh one can try though.

6. aware profile image66
    awareposted 10 years ago

i agree . why? from past attempts

7. profile image0

Wow, am I ever sorry that I started this thread. I apologize to anyone that has posted here that has had their beliefs, experiences, or views attacked or belittled by others. I also want to apologize to anyone that wanted or wants to post their views and opinions on this topic but refrain(ed) from doing so to avoid being confronted and/or belittled for sharing their beliefs and opinions. The direction this thread has taken was certainly never my intention in the OP.

1. profile image0

I accept your very kind apology. It is very frustrating when I try to give my point of view and I'm told it will get me into hell.

Sorry to disappoint you, & probably a lot of other people, but just it takes more than that to get into hell. wink We will see you in heaven, well maybe, there are a lot of people up there. Chances are though that you will see me at least at some point. smile And just in case you were wondering after the above statement, no I'm not a Christian of any flavor.

2. profile image0

Well Rad, no worries there. I can guarantee that you will never hear (see) me say that I think you're going to Hell no matter I heard (saw) you say. Ever! smile

2. profile image0

It's not your fault. You could have posted a thread on how you like the color blue and it would have turned out the same. Im buying everyone a TV.

YOU GET A TV!
      AND YOU GET A TV!
      AND YOU GET A TV!

Everyone check under your chairs right now, there's a TV under there to help you wile away the hours.

(Legal disclaimer: No one gets a TV.)

Notice the dishonesty here, Beth believes that even if someone states a fact, others will jump in an argue those facts...

...you know, kinda like when Beth jumps in to argue the facts of evolution. Ah, the hypocrisy. lol

1. profile image0

Why do you always sound a little too much like a shark?

Why do you sound so much like a child who still believes in Santa?

1. profile image0

Santa
              Satan

Hmmmm....

But, we all know Satan actually does exist...

http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/satan_jersey.jpg

2. profile image0

Ha! Well, if I said that I like the color blue I would've probably gotten a 'Green is better' or a 'Red is where it's at'. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles...Hmm, or is it?! LOL

1. profile image0

Exactly.

3. jacope profile image84

Don't be sorry for starting it. It provides a wonderful opportunity for people to see that they are not alone in their beliefs, whether they shared them or nit, and for others to expand their awareness by seeing what others views are & accepting that, whether they agree with it or not. Just because a few have tried to change that by forcefully discounting the beliefs of others does not mean they have succeeded. You have made a possitive difference for people with this topic regardless of the little bit of chaos that followed it. There cannot be Light without Darkness, it's the way the balance works & the responses on here are a perfect example of that for those who can see it. You're Awesome, don't let anyone or anything convince you otherwise.

Lol, sorry for the spelling errors. I'm responding on my phone & don't always catch all of them on here.

1. profile image0

No worries, jacope! Thanks again, sweetie smile

Yet, you are upset that we are attempting to expand your awareness of the world around you. Rather contradictory of you to say that.

Forcefully? lol No one is forcing you to face up to reality, you are in denial entirely on your own accord.

That would the chaos you provided, yes?

Yes, we are attempting to shed some light on the darkness of nonsense and irrational beliefs.

Hahaha! You just exemplified what I said perfectly & don't even realize it. Thank you for your input. smile Have a fantabulous day!

Sorry, but I did no such thing, but I understand why you would say such things.

You have yet to provide any information or explanation whatsoever for your claims. You expect others to just wholeheartedly agree to your ridiculous assertions and fabrications, but that's not the way it works. Reality doesn't even agree with you, let alone people. If you feel compelled to come here and write nonsense, you should expect others will call you on your nonsense. Running away from your responsibilities only shows dishonesty and deception.

8. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

I would really not enjoy having that name.

I would be proud to have such a name considering...

"Miroslav Satan is one of the most valuable players the Slovak national team ever had. As a captain, he led the national team to winning gold, silver, and bronze at world championships and scored several decisives goals in various tournaments."

1. profile image0

You are so far off topic I think Im going to have to report you.

That sure is the pot calling the kettle black. lol

1. profile image0

I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

2. profile image0

Can you imagine the confusion of passer-bys near the arena where he plays when they hear people chanting, Satan! Satan! Satan! "Uh, walk faster dear, we seem to be in the wrong area of town". tongue

1. profile image0

lol

Hahaha! big_smile I can so picture that. Especial if it were a tour group of nuns.

9. profile image0

Did Issac Newton imagine that there was something smaller than an atom?

Few in the time of Jesse Owens could imagine a human running the 100 m in less than 10 sec.

How many pioneers actually believed that a man would one day walk on the moon?

Could police officers have imagined a drug like bath salts that would cause a man to behave so violently that he would eat off the face of his victim, taking 5 bullets into his body without stopping?

The intention of the thread is that things we never thought possible, are indeed possible. Getting caught up in semantics like, 'Can a leaf fall to the ground and turn into a human'... is missing the point of the OP I believe.

There are harder things to believe than that there is a supreme being... especially in a world where apparently a third of Americans believe in Aliens.

Only a third?

Are you seriously suggesting that Earth is the only planet out of, what, trillions that contains life? yeah ok

1. profile image0

Seriously? *That's what you got out of my post?

You're confusing ignorance of the world around us with the myths and superstitions of religions by use of fallacies. You should really try thinking these things through before posting them.

There may be harder things to believe, but your God is one of the hardest, so much so that it has become a laughable joke.

1. profile image0

Oh well cause *you said it... I will believe it. After all, your credentials as... as a... Sorry, who are you and what do you do again?

3. profile image0

Ahhh, Beth isn't there a passage in the bible where men were attempting to get to the moon, which upset God?

Actually it's very easy to believe in God. It's comforting, that's why it's so popular, it's difficult to except that there is no afterlife. But, it's reality, so suck it up Nancy.

1. profile image0

No, they were attempting to build a tower to Heaven.

Two crew members from the Star Trek Enterprise just beamed down to the planets surface... they are wearing red shirts. How long do you think they have to live?

(And don't call me Nancy.)

1. profile image0

Well, with red shirts... seconds.
          Sorry for the Nancy reference. Smiles. Next time...

10. profile image0

So... 'member the pic of the 70+ year old man who had the body of a 20 yr old body builder? I posted it on this thread to make the point that there were some senior citizins capable of playing football... well that pic. is following me everywhere.
    http://www.cenegenics.com/?uid=PS1_GC1_ … 7Aodq20Alw
    It's not a bad pic to have follow you, to be honest... but it's... a little odd.

1. profile image0

Indeed it is odd. Not so sure that messing with nature is healthy for these guys/people. It may give you the dream body sure but no one really knows what long term effects are in store. But then again, if you're on up there in age, who cares, right? What have you got to lose anyway? Might as well live it up while you're livin'! Hehe

1. profile image0

I might be falling in love with him.

1. profile image0

He is quite dashing wink

1. profile image0

And he's literally everywhere I go on the net. Im starting to feel like Ive done something bad.

1. profile image0

Dear me! Funny you should say that, he was in an ad at the bottom of this page earlier! Ha! He's a stalker!

2. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So long as he is not stressing his joints too much, I don't see how exercise will be doing him any harm.

1. profile image0

Im not going to touch this joke. No one will ever forgive me.

2. profile image0

Oh, I thought it involved taking HGH (human growth hormone). I was under the impression that it was still being debated as to whether it is actually safe. That is what I was referring to.

2. profile image0

I modeled for that just last year.

1. profile image0

Would you be willing to dye your hair?

1. profile image0

Hair, that's a wig dear.

1. profile image0

If you stay on the motorcycle, Im willing to work with that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)