More outrageous, Creationism vs. Evolution?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 10 years ago

What constitutes scientific research and evidence), science education, free speech, separation of Church and State, and theology. I’m building two sculptures of two different worlds. One of Creationism and one of Evolutional World with hundreds of animals, sea, landscapes and the some of the 99% unknown part of the world, fire. Fire, our life source in all creatures and all growth.

Young Creationist claim man co-exist with dinosaurs or a fiery Hell exist as one example of an outrageous thought. What side of this disagreement can give me more examples of our righteous claims? Evolutionist claim Chimps and humans shared a common ancestor somewhere between 200,000 years ago or a few million years ago, is that an outrageous thought?

The winning ideas, will receive a signed picture of the sculpture of two Worlds, from me

1. kess profile image59
      kessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Try to depict the idea that man was specifically designed by light, using the elements that constitute the earth as having dominion of the earth itself and everything belonging to it.

Show that the man is formed from fire, which is the heart of the earth and the place of hell, how it represent the desires which is self destructive nature of man.

Show that man's bones is formed from the rocks,  which contains the raging fire.

Show that the man is water, the mixture of hard and soft, light and dark , good and evil. Which is used to regulate/contain the fire of desire, all this represented by his blood.

Show that man is the life of the earth and the things it it, and without man, the earth nor anything in it can have a productive existence.

Show that man is connected every creature, and each  creature in part, is a representation of man and if man were to despise any, he actually despise himself.

BTW man was not ignorant and gradually became wise, they were wise and gradually became ignorant, now being ignorant they are unaware of their own ignorance and is proud in their supposed knowledge.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Kind of hard to show those things as not a single one is true. 

One can make the individual claims, of course, but that is hardly showing them.

2. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

I thought this thread was gonna be easy to delve into, as the subject is fairly cut-and-dry, but...

What am I even looking at?

3. Katie Armstrong profile image81
    Katie Armstrongposted 10 years ago

I think trying to depict Intelligent Design theory ('creationism in a cheap suit') would be even more outrageous. After all, many famous great masters have depicted creation in artwork adorning famous chapels and churches.

But the idea of depicting an intelligent designer--WHO ISN'T NECESSARILY JESUS'S DAD, SO STOP SAYING THIS IS RELIGIOUS, OKAY? IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE /MY/ GOD, AND YOU'RE CLOSE-MINDED FOR THINKING THAT!--creating everything out of things that are already there in such a way that it would be indistinguishable from a natural evolutionary process--HOW MAGNIFICENT THAT WOULD BE, BUT IT'S NOT NECESSARILY THE GOD I WORSHIP, IT'S TOTALLY SCIENCE, STOP SAYING IT'S A RELIGIOUS DOGMA, THE BIBLE DOESN'T SAY 'AND ON THE EIGHTH DAY, GOD MADE THE BACTERIAL FLAGELLUM', SO THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH /YOU/ KNOW--would be an interesting artistic subject. The strain of holding up the 'legitimate science' public image versus the private, 'religious doctrine' true face of the movement would be rich for exploration.

4. Castlepaloma profile image76

Hi Kess
    Sounds artistically interesting, Light related to Sun, Rocks to Bones. Fire to heart, it creates or destroys. Or Water, relates to the blood, or the limp system even greater. Since I think the Universe and all things are connected, your metaphors give my imagination some faith or sense base. In part it might lead to another sculpture

The contradicting God Yahweh, Lord, creator of the Universe and our world. Is that many of Lord unnatural laws does not connect well for all of the millions of other Gods or flows with all mankind or greater other animals. The average man today is wiser than many of the men in the Biblical times, not the other way round where they were (Adam) wisest and then gradually became ignorant.

About 95% of the species that ever lived on earth went extinct. No good reason that other animals cannot survive well without man. The existence of some animal lived many thousands time longer than mankind, even the immortal jellyfish today.

5. Castlepaloma profile image76

Doing Evolution world sculpture will flow without much trouble. The species of religious thought called creationism continues to evolve by a process of natural selection. That means, a lot has happened within 6000 years ago. The Bible is like a collection of ancient myths, legends, and fictional from the Bronze Age, kind of like the Hobbit, may require hard drugs to achieve. If any of these religious fairy tales in the bible really happened, why are they not in my History books

Look at some the highlights

1.    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceived the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
    2.    Men (giant) 16 ft tall living up to an age of 900 something
    3.     I saw an angel standing in the sun

I hope God ( the lord) dose not kill me for attempting to sculpt his world history-
    After all God drowns the whole earth and created Genocide after genocide after genocide. God slaughters all Egyptian firstborn and killed people with curiosity. God burns cities to death. Sacrifices children God kills men because over a bet. God demands you kill your wife and children for worshiping other gods.
    Satan created job, to do my job honestly and to express it, may cost me to get fired by God. Can’t win, ever.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)