Leave us alone.

Jump to Last Post 101-114 of 114 discussions (693 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Interesting that you bring up Hitler once again. Hitler and his "Christian Nationalism."

The Church's interests cannot fail to coincide with ours alike in our fight against the symptoms of degeneracy in the world of to-day, in our fight against the Bolshevist culture, against an atheistic movement, against criminality, and in our struggle for the consciousness of a community in our national life, for the conquest of hatred and disunion between the classes, for the conquest of civil war and unrest, of strife and discord. These are not anti-Christian, these are Christian principles.”  -   Adolf Hitler 1934

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There is one fundamental difference that you miss. I doubt if I can ever "help" you see. If Jesus died for all men (humanity), whom He loves, how the heck could He be behind this kind of ideology?
      I love all mankind, even those who hate me, so go and kill them in my name. STUPID! I think. As the creator and sustainer of all life, all He would need to do is "flick a switch" as it were, and it's "goodbye Irene" for all of us. He doesn't need soldiers, terrorists, or fanatics to do it for Him.
      Do you REALLY think Hitler was a christian? hmm

Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think Hitler used a belief in a magical invisible super being who gave his life so that we may live to manipulate ignorant people into thinking they were working for this super being and doing what He wanted.

Thank you for making my point for me.

Once you believe irrational things - you will do irrational things.

As for Hitler REALLY being a christian. I have no idea. Do REAL christians use political chicanery to get what they want? Do REAL christians promote the idea that some one who has had an abortion will be refused entrance to your heaven? Do REAL christians call others who disagree with their irrational beliefs godless morons? DO REAL christians argue against scientific evidence because it does not fit with their irrational beliefs?

You tell me what a REAL christian is.

Someone VERY close to me has had an abortion. I am quite familiar with that, thank you. I still say it's wrong. I never said it will prevent that one from entering heaven. You got that from someone else, I'm sure.
          "You tell me what a REAL christian is."  I'd love to, but I doubt you'd hear it. Knowing the way you respond to these issues (even just now) shows me that you don't REALLY want to know. (it's like you just want more "ammo") sad

LOL

I don't need any more ammo. Actions speak louder than words dj. And I have never met a real one. smile

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
              Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No, MakeMoney tries to give us ammo.  Who needs that!

2. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL I am trying to stay away from this thread, but this one was too tempting smile

Do we REALLY think Mike is a Christian? I think nobody doubts it. Now, here is Mike on another thread:
        Does it ring any bell in relation to Hitler's solution to global problems?

2. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 15 years ago

PS. I notice that the only response you made was about Hitler. I hope you actually read all that I wrote, as a reply to you. The point of Hitler was as an example of "mob mentality" and the wickedness of man.
    Oh, and then there was a point on which we agree, did you see that?
    Just wondering. hmm

3. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Guys...

You both make me sadfaced.

Don't be sad faced. I have a smile on mine. If it looks too serious, its only because of what you bring to the screen. They are words on a screen.
      I thoroughly enjoy my chats, and choose not to attack anyone. I enjoy my communication with Mark. I know he enjoys it with me, albeit "loosely".
      (I read that somewhere) lol

Absolutely. big_smile

4. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

On this thread you posted this.

I've already posted the verse that you so often misinterpret in the thread I just posted above.  Here it is again for you, John 21:25.  Again it doesn't mean to go looking for non-Christian commentaries to find what else Jesus said.  You'll find lies.  If that's not the verse you are referring to then post the verse.  Oh yeah, I forgot, but then you'd have to read the Bible to find it. big_smile

Luv you
    By

Sory to burst your bubble, but that isn't the verse.  Funny how you tend to put in back on me when it is you who don't know where it is.  No I will not feed it to you, find it yourself......Hahaha you will have to read the whole bible!!
      I don't go looking in other places to find what Jesus says.  He speaks right to me-and he said that in the bible that he speaks to everyone. It is those who think they have it all that thinks otherwise.

So assuming from your other posts that assume false things about me----to be a Christian and follow Jesus one als has to beleive and read the Bible.  Well he didn't say that---MAN did.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Luv you?
      Yeah you just love to pick on me.  LOL
      Luv U back!  Tried to send a rose, but it didn't come out----so a red Rose for you.

5. Make  Money profile image66

Well thank you very much Lady Guinevere.  Here's one back at you.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll100/amit_143/Lovely_Rose.jpg

And an Easter Lily for this special time of year too.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/calbapwv/100_0658.jpg

Mike

Now tell me how you did that, because I have all kinds of graphics on my computer that I can send people through here, but don't know how.

Just quote Make money to see what he did - But the photos have to be hosted online somewhere.

[img]web URL of photo[/img]

You can upload them to hubpages if you do not have your own hosting site. smile

I see!!!  I have Photobucket.  So I know what I will be doing today!  Thanks Mark! HUGS

6. Make  Money profile image66

Yeah Mark's right.  When you are composing a post click on Formatting Tips for the BBCode (formatting tags).  Both of those flower images came from Photo Bucket by the way.

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL rare moment of agreement lol

7. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 15 years ago

Can I claim the flowers for myself? No-one ever sends me flowers. lol

I am going to try and give you flowers.

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/SuzieCyanide/WhiteRose.jpg

8. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

AKA,
    I just sent you flowers, which you say you never get, and you haven't responded.  I learned something new, for what!?  No wonder no one sends you flowers.  Ever think of that?

9. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

I posted a few comments recently, which were (seemingly) ignored. This got me a bit excited, for the fact that I actually thought this request of mine was(finally) heeded. They (whoever they are - they know who they are -)were leaving me alone. smile
    But, alas, sad it was a short lived moment of glee. It looks like we're back on again.
    Thanks Mark. big_smile

Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My pleasure - sorry been doing the hubchallenge, so not much time to mess around educating you guys. My apologies. Normal service will be resumed next month. lol

aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's the way uhuh uhuh I like it, uhuh, uhuh ...

Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Life in another dimension.

10. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

it could do I suppose, believing in god does not mean a person is trying to imitate his qualities does it....

1. TheLoanConsultant profile image61
      TheLoanConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are people who believe in God and still want to do evil and overtly claim allegiance to satan. There are people who believe that smoking is bad for their health but yet they still smoke. So from these few examples it is very easy for us to see how someones actions may not necessarily reflect their beliefs.

11. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

are you asleep yet...............

12. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

I see from posts on other threads that my (hopefully nice way of) asking to be left alone, we have, as yet NOT been. One very common phrase being bandied around is the one about not "shoving religion down other people's throat".I am all for that, REALLY! But the question still remains, "Why read the posts others make, that are about religion"? In the RELIGION forum FGS! If you don't want to know, stay out of the forum!
    It is beyond me how simply posting words on a computer is "shoving" anything. It could be equally valid to say, "I am tired of having Evolutionary Theory shoved down my throat" too!If I'm delusional (as many claim I am ), leave me to my own devices. If I read something (you) post that changes my convictions, I'll change. In the mean time, Please leave us alone. Thanks heaps. smile

Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awww.

Now - don't you think that the stance that religion is dangerous, mind numbing and destined to lead to unnecessary conflict is a valid opinion of religion?

And where better than a religion forum to voice that opinion? You seem to think that is not acceptable. Why?

2. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Why don't you take your advice and stay out, if you don't want to read or see other people's opinions and truths?  It was you who started this thread in the first place.......kind of contradictory in itself there doncha think..

aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. I don't think so.
        Do you feel it's "shoved down your throat"?You seem rather touchy on this subject. Just curious. hmm

13. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

Way too many people like the safety of controversy. The rage and  the fury are a refuge from the doubts that come with the troublesome facts of being human.

I am an atheist who is grateful for my wife's religiosity. It brings relief in times of trouble and opportunities for her to express her generosity and goodness in a group she is at one with.

I honestly believe that people pour their best into their religions and we all shelter in the frameworks that they provide.

14. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

OH MY Freaking G!  Not this thing again.  Haven't you people had enough already? My God, are folks that desperate to bitch at each other- and desire it so badly, that someone had to bring this dead horse out, just to beat it again? 

Can't come up with anything original to complain about or agree with?  I didn't realize that the religious forum was full of such shallow thinkers.  It is always the same old crap in this forum.   Case in point- look at this thing.  Unbelievable.

I can't believe somebody can't come up with a new or original conversation idea to converse about.  You know, for new comers coming in and wanting to join HubPages, looking at this crap doesn't look to highly on HubPages or the rest of us.

God, I can't believe this stupid post is out there again.roll

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)