Why is God in the Canadian constitution and not the Americans?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (131 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 9 years ago

The word God is not in THE American Constitution and they have 30% per capital more Christians than us. I'm not against anyone and except anyone, it just these Hypocrite do not.

How would do you reconcile the ‘rule of law with the ‘supremacy of God?’ They are contradictory to the freedom of religious beliefs and practices of many other kinds of God” Why not,  pick a God, any God

It’s really important To our most fundamental values of Canadians. And I’m concerned when God is a foundation for authority. I can't be force to be a great repent-or , it leads to insanity.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Was your constitution drafted by people that were primarily of one religious persuasion?  It was the differences in belief that kept god out of ours.

You cannot reconcile rule of law with rule by a make believe god.  The two are incompatible.

No god can be a foundation for authority as there has never been a good indication there even IS a god.  But when that foundation is a select few power mongers that have convinced the masses they speak with the voice of a god...well we see the results in the middle east.  In Africa where gays are persecuted and killed.  In Europe of the middle ages, when people were commonly tortured and killed or incarcerated because they knew things those few in power did not.  Things like the earth was round or circled the sun.

Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

agree, they do a good job at fooling us, well, much of the dirt will come out in the wash.

I thought Jesus was a bit of a rebel like me, helping the poor, healing people with cannabis. Although being an amateur shaman with vague statement, many Christians go hog wild with their own egos.  Man !!! will gays, atheist or unbelievers ever get elected into high office , I’ll report the freak show in the meantime.

Here is a few other Constitution statements
          Algeria  "In the Name of God the Merciful and the Compassionate
          Albania  with faith in God and/or other universal values, ... We establish this Constitution
          Australia blessing of Almighty God, have agreed to unite in one indissoluble Federal Commonwealth under the Crown.  ?
          Argentina  invoking the protection of God, source of all reason and justice: do ordain, decree, and establish this Constitution for the Argentine Nation.
          Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law
          promulgate, under the protection of God, this CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERATIVE REPUBLIC OF BRAZIL."[28]
          Iranian society based on Islamic principles and norms, which represent an honest aspiration of the Islamic Ummah
          Ireland     In the Name of the Most Holy Trinity, from Whom is all authority and to Whom, as our final end, all actions both of men and States must be referred, We, the people of Éire, humbly acknowledging all our obligations to our Divine Lord, Jesus Christ, who sustained our fathers through centuries of trial,           
          Kuwait  In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful, We, Abdullah al-Salim al-Sabah, ... do hereby approve this Constitution and promulgate it.
          Republic of Liberia: Acknowledging our devout gratitude to God for our existence as a Free, Sovereign and Independent State, and relying on His Divine Guidance for our survival as a Nation; .
          "We, the Polish Nation – all citizens of the Republic, both those who believe in God as the source of truth, justice, good and beauty, as well as those not sharing such faith but respecting those universal values
          Rwanda Trusting in God Almighty; ... Does establish and adopt this Constitution for the Republic of Rwanda
          Tunisian people, free and sovereign, proclaim, by the Grace of God, the present Constitution."

1. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think Obama showed how it gets done when he got elected. Don't wear what you think others think makes you different on your shirt sleeve. Be above that mentality and others will follow suit.

2. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77
      wba108@yahoo.composted 9 years agoin reply to this

Aren't you more concerned when God is left out of the Public square? What about the 100 million government sponsored  murders in the past 100 years in the communist nations where God is excluded from public life?

Now why would excluding a mythological figure from government be of concern?  It would seem that if anything it should be a relief; while other reasons will still apply, religion cannot be used to persecute anyone.

1. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77

If you lived as a Christian believer in a communist country it would concern you, wouldn't it?

Probably as much as living as an atheist in a religion dominated country like Iraq, Israel or the US.  Assuming, of course, that the communist country made an effort to deny religion; that is not actually a tenet of communism per se.

1. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77

What makes America a tolerant nation are its Christian foundations. You're right in that throughout history Christianity was used as a tool for oppression in the hands of evil man. What sets America apart is although it was founded on Christian principles, Christianity was not the established religion. This is an important distinction because the US Constitution does not coerce its citizens to become Christians, it merely ensures that they are free to practice their religion free from government control.

I can hardly see that living in America or Israel as an atheist, bears any resemblance to living in China as a Christian. In fairly recent times Chinese Christians were sent to prison or killed for practicing their religion.

Wilderness, you can't really believe this propaganda, that's mainly propagated by the left, so that they can replace Christianity with their own sick worship of the state.

Sure!  Christian foundations like hatred and fear of gays.  Like requiring that everyone in the country worship as they do and follow their corrupt moral guidelines.  The Christian foundation that requires all children be indoctrinated with the lies of the church.  Sure thing - that all promotes lots of tolerance.

Chinese Christians are sent to prison - what happens to the professed atheist in Iraq?  To the gay in Nigeria?  And yes, governments persecute their people, but that has little to do with communism and much to do with the ruling class and how they view the political aspirations of those they persecute.  Or whether they need a "goat", like Hitler did.

1. SwordofManticorE profile image68
                  SwordofManticorEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am a Christian and I do not hate or fear gay people, but am I wrong when I sense your hate towards Christians?

1. Righteous Atheist profile image60
                    Righteous Atheistposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Interesting that you reject what the bible says about gays. What else do you reject that is in the bible?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
            psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So making all people be Christian is okay, because the only alternative you can think of is not letting any people be Christian.

How about freedom or and from religion--is that not a preferable option to both?

It's all fine in their personal life, But when their lord God is above reason, logic and the majority of the people, all hell breaks loose in unachievable laws

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

I never heard a communism country at war say.

I kill in the name of atheists'

No group will take the killing world championship away from Religion

1. profile image0

It is very convenient to take one sentence and use that as justification for lack of a full understanding.  But, it's a little disingenuous. It begs the question of whether you are withholding information from yourself purposely, or not.

Atheistic regimes have, and do, target people specifically because of religion. Now, whether the leaders make the statement or they don't; their actions fall in line with that statement well enough to juxtapose their actions against the actions of those who use the name of God in order to justify violence.

Unless, we are going to get into the habit of claiming that if one thing wasn't said, then it doesn't count. In that case, we can say the following in defense of non violence among theists.

'The Bible never said to start a Spanish Inquisition; so therefor that was not violence in the name of God'
          'The Bible never said to send hordes of Europeans swarming over the Middle East, so that was not violence in the name of God.'
          'The Bible never said to use the word God in a constitution of any country, so those words are not inserted for biblical reasons.'

Do you simply like to stir the pot; or are you not capable of thinking through, in a rational manner, the accusations and claims that you make?

You say that no group will take the killing world championship from religion. Let's look at the history of the European imperialistic tendencies.

How many people do you think died as a direct result of Roman Imperialism?

Europe is responsible for the fact that the entire continent of Africa was enslaved and its resources raped.

It is estimated that 90% of the population of South and Central America died as a direct result of the Spanish attempt to divest the indigenous population of its riches.

5 Million people died in the Napoleonic wars.

It is estimated that 15 million people died during the course of the English attempt to rule the world through imperialism.

The Ottoman Empire was partitioned off into European hands. Europeans who immediately created unstable nation-states which have resulted in the Middle East problem we are seeing today.

If we are keeping tabs, I'd say Europe is the biggest problem the world has come across thus far.God appears to pale in comparison when considering blood lust for personal gain.

Its easier to use Religion as the tool, to kill a sub -human devil compared to knowing someone as human being, makes a big differences

The Elite World Government, controllers of our society, have  great intelligence - but they have no wisdom. Intelligence without wisdom can be a very dangerous mindset, The hierarchical structure of RELIGION is the the greatest world conspiracy, that the major manipulators and controllers of humanity are the ones with the largest accumulation of wealth, the owners of the banks and multinational oil, pharmaceutical and food corporations etc. These are the people who run the world. These same people own and dominate the military, police and intelligence hierarchy and, of course, all the political pawns that society has been brainwashed into believing are the most powerful people in the world.

Once the individual has accepted the reality of this world power structure, they have just taken the first step toward freedom for themselves and for all of humanity.  Religion is a tool to control and it has greedy power over the masses. There are 2200 business verses mention in the Bible, look at the story about the ten talents. The man with 10 talents (%) is given more than the person with only one talent, and so on.

2. profile image0

Well, that's interesting. Since humanity has killed a whole lot more people for other reasons than religion. People don't need religion to view some as subhuman. I believe that was the justification behind the holocaust.  It doesn't take a religion to make some feel they are superior and view others as sub human.

Names change. Governments change. People wax cold toward religion. The problems remain. The problems begin with us and are allowed to perpetuate because we look toward any cause that doesn't include ourselves in our search for answers.

Hitler was born and die a Catholic, the main support he got for the Holocaust was Christian German. The Nazi wore on their belt buckle
                GOD IS WITH US.  Much of my life's work has been studying world History and built many American native displayed in Museums also.
                Are you saying their was no connection at all?

1. Chris Neal profile image78
                  Chris Nealposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious? Is your knowledge of Nazi ideology, theology and Hitler himself really that limited, or do you just like blaming Christians for everything?

Blame Christians for everything, nay... that's not me that Satan's job.
                    The Christian Nazi's and the American rich Christians (predominately white) almost got their One World Order.

Wall Street rich and their criminal lawyers buddies have created a second wave of a depression. They manage to convince the public in the pass 35 years to take 7% less pay, mean wail the cost of living for homes food and transport has gone up almost 10 times.

My faith is in the collective consciousness of the people the true leader through out history. The super power of "American military and prison complex" Their abuse system is about to change by the other super power "Global Public Opinion". Like the Roman empire slaves, the people will over come again.

Chris
                    Just looked up the word Jerk, deceitful and taking advantage of.

Once was called a liar and an as-hole, both times they said they were joking. Once was call called a bully, I’ve confronted many bullies and trolls, regardless. How do you bully a bully God?

Interesting how you think 85% including Christian on hubpages Think castlepaloma is a jerk. First time ever been called a jerk online. Chris, Why are these 85% hubbers too cowardly, (including Chris) to confront me. Maybe because I don’t labels them bullies, liars, or jerks, or do they fear of being ban. No worries this thick skin, won’t ever ban anyone.

Christianity causes more harm than good, no worries again. Won’t throw out a generally good human animal with the polluted bath water.

If i'm a jerk based on  true science, mythic OR even imaginable facts, then I’m learning something, if it’s true.

If 85% hubbers did not call me a jerk, then be brave and honest Chris, call me a jerk. Or is the real reason your inability to defend your blind faith, from my observation and questioning about Christianity. Many can disagree with me, yet can they be strong enough to stand on their own feet. Not against anyone yet the ethics for the sake of their group called "Us against them"will always be broken.

I’m clairvoyant like Jesus was, an ability to see events clearly outside of the normal. I can mystically see Jesus was a nice hu-man person. Yet Jesus did not sacrifice that much at being killed at age 33 because people hardly lived passed age 30 anyways. Jesus was really great back then, now it time to live in the present.

My faults, yes have a few, one of my downside I’ve tried too hard to understand Christian. From not handling frustration to the near point of being cynical. Cynical can be worst than depression, never want to be.  Millions of fans approve my visual art, when it come to words of ultimate truth and universal out of one God then be jealous of the millions of other gods.  I fail to understand them, do except them, unlike how they except me.

Over 30 years of pass prediction of world events have all come true, check these 15 years from now.
                    1.    Religion will shrink and spiritual sided will grow.
                    2.    Pot will be legal most places; the world’s best plant is illegal in every country.
                    3.    Gays and other adult love will be almost totally legal.
                    4.    The war of the classes will be won by the people. Less people will need to cheat on their taxes.

Now for the bad news, first there will be a war greater than world war 2, after that abuse, most everything will change for the better.

The teacher has arrive, my daughter is a master at the art of ignoring Religion. There is a little lying involve, like acting very nice, or act like a yes person. Start by leaving the religious side of the Hugpages. Ignore issue of gods guns and gays plus Sex sins and pot and most of all!!!
                    "Love the world more than Yahweh himself"

2. profile image0

Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying. Religion didn't start WWII. I realize you desperately want to believe it is responsible. But that doesn't equate to truth.

Since you obviously aren't native American I have no idea what the other comment had to do with. I'm part native American, I've never built displays but i don't consider you a kindred spirit for having done so. I did once write a report on slavery. Does that mean I am also African American?

Your ancestry came out of Africa, just as it did for everyone in the world...

I married a native American

2. oceansnsunsets profile image85
            oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Emile, thanks for sharing this information.  I think many are not aware of it and repeat what they hear perhaps, trusting their sources were being completely forthright. 

If it is true loss of life and diminishing quality of life for some, we need to consider all things in that discussion.  I don't often see this from people in these discussions, so thanks for that.  I learned some also, or at the very least have  some new things to research.

1. profile image0

I wasn't attempting to lay blame. Only point out that the blame game is foolish.

We can't learn from our collective mistakes unless we stop pretending only others are responsible. Man's inhumanity toward Man crosses all boundaries of race and religion. 

Man's inhumanity toward Man. Makes me think we should just blame men. That's a simple solution they couldn't put up a valid defense against. Considering history.

1. oceansnsunsets profile image85
                oceansnsunsetsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No argument from me.  I didn't sense you were laying blame, but looking at facts.

Blaming is not my game, showing other old or new ways of thinking, is.

3. Zion Moulder profile image60
      Zion Moulderposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The Constitution of the United States forbids the establishment of a state religion, the banishment of a certain religion, and the state favoring one religion over another. The Founding Fathers (of the United States) knew about the travesties that took place in the name of religion in other portions of the world (including in Salem and Europe with the persecution of so-called Witchcraft), and they made sure to not let that take place in the United States.

HOWEVER... despite this, many state constitutions do mention a creator. ("God") For example, in my state of Indiana's Constitution:

"TO THE END, that justice be established, public order maintained, and liberty perpetuated; WE, the People of the State of Indiana, grateful to >>*ALMIGHTY GOD*<< for the free exercise of the right to choose our own form of government (because that's not discrediting the people who fought the revolutionary war at all), do ordain this Constitution," 

So yeah... it's not like the United States doesn't mention some sort of divine creator within our laws.

2. Asa2141 profile image66
    Asa2141posted 9 years ago

The  Bible  does  not  say  that  homosexuality  is  punishable  by  death.  It  was  a  crime  punishable  by  death  (stoning)  5000  years  ago  because  God  did  not  want  that  abomination  among  his  chosen  people,  Israel.  That  was  done  away  with  when  Christ  died  on  the  Cross.  (although  homosexuality  is  still  a  sin  and  with  be  judged)

God  created  the  orgasm.  He  created  all  the  parts  of  men  and  women  and  fit  them  together  for  sex.  He  made  the  entire  wonderful  relationship  between  a  man  and  a  woman  then  designed  the  concept  of  marriage  to  safeguard  it.  He  did  not  have  to  create  this  relationship,  yet  he  did  for  us  to  enjoy  and  be  fulfilled.

We  then  turn  around  and  say  "No,  God.  I'm  going  to  stick  my  *****  up  his  ***  and  call  that  sex!  F***  you!"

Don't  you  think  He  has  a  right  to  be  angry? 

God  made  rules  on  sexuality  (ALL  sexuality)  to  protect  us.  Because  He  wants  us  to  be  happy.  You  see  the  chaos  in  our  lives  and  relationships  when  we  break  these  rules.  To  have  CONSEQUENCES  when  we  break  these  rules  IS  LOVE. 

If  there  were  no  consequences  when  someone  steals,  what  would  happen?  People  would  just  keep  on  stealing  from  each  other  and  then  might  would  make  right.  Our  society  would  fall  apart.

Taking  your  idea  to  its  conclusion  -  there  should  be  no  consequences  or  rules  for  anything  because  that  is  not  love.

1. SwordofManticorE profile image68
      SwordofManticorEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If God doesn't like homosexuality, why does He create them Gay?

1. Asa2141 profile image66
        Asa2141posted 9 years agoin reply to this

God  does  not  create  people  gay.

Just  because  someone  has  an  urge  to  have  gay  sex  does  not  mean  God  created  them  that  way.

If  that  were  the  case,  we  should  let  rapist  go  free  because  they  had  the  urge  to  rape.  God  created  them  with  the  urge  to  rape.

I  have  urges  to  steal,  rape,  hit  people  etc.  Does  that  mean  I  do  it?  Of  course  not.  The  same  is  with  people  who  have  urges  to  have  sex  with  people  of  the  same  gender.

I  notice  you  have  no  argument  for  the  "God  made  rule  for  ALL  sexuality".  That  is  the  basis  of  all  of  this.  We  don't  want   God  to  tell  us  what  to  do  with  ANY  of  our  sexuality.  I  know  because  I've  felt  the  same  way.

If  we  can  make  God  look  like  a  monster  who  just  punishes  those  poor  'ol  gays  who  are  just  trying  to  get  by  in  life,  we  can  have  a  reason  for  our  rejecting  Him.  Because  hardly  anyone  wants  to  come  out  and  just  say,  "God  I  hate  you."

1. Righteous Atheist profile image60

Unfortunately - it seems to be you telling us - not god. wink

asa2141

Let me get this straight (pun)Your saying

The gays  who are just slightly less populated on earth than the Catholic's population of our world.
          (Not counting the 5000 species of animals who have been reported having same sex.)

Making Gays as bad or sinful as rapist, violent people and thieves.

To be a very nice Christian we must accept to love God above all. Yet God can turns around and hates gays. Is this right?

We know God threatens most of us on earth with fear anyways.

3. wilderness profile image94

IF a god creates people, then he creates some of them gay.

IF a god creates people, then it created some of them so they like gay sex.  It is not a choice.

Are you seriously equating sex with violently hurting people against their will?  There IS a difference you know - one is a crime (and sin), one is not.  (Hint - the one that hurts people against their will is criminal and sinful while the other is neither.)

We don't need to make the Christian god look like a monster - the writers of the bible have already done that quite convincingly.

4. profile image0
          Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Surprisingly you are correct. No God created humans. Very perceptive.

Again right. Very good, keep it up.

Um no. You see rape in non-consensual and sex is consensual. You were doing so well. sad

No because stealing and raping and hitting others is hurting people and consensual sex does not.

Atheists don't hate what's not there. However if homophobia is a problem for you than perhaps you should rethink the bible.

Wow,  you  guys  are  right  about  my  logic.  That  is  pretty  stupid  to  equate  consensual  sex  with  rape  etc.

Let  me  rephrase  that.  I  may  have  urges  to  view  porn,  fornicate,  masturbate,  maybe  even  have  urges  toward  other  men,  but  I  control  myself.  Just  because  I  have  an  urge  does  not  mean  God  created  me  that  way. 

I  am  NOT  wrong  in  that  just  because  you  have  an  urge  to  do  anything  it  means  God  created  that  way  which  was  the  logic  previous  commenters  were  using.

That  is  the  fallacy  behind  nearly  ever  pro-gay  argument:  gays  are  like  a  different  type  of  human.  They  are  not.  I  know  gays  who  go  back  and  forth  between  sleeping  with  same-sex  partners  and  opposite  sex  partners  all  the  time.  All  sex  is  a  choice.  I  have  the  urge  to  have  sex  every  day  but  I  can  control  whether  or  not  I  do.  I  know  of  a  man  who  was  married  for  15  years  or   so  and  had  3  kids  before  he  decided  he  was  "gay"  and  ran  away  from  his  family  with  his  boyfriend.  (Imagine  how  that  screwed  up  his  kids)  Everyone  know  that  sex  is  a  choice.

If  God  really  hated  gays  he  would  destroy  them  the  minute  they  sinned.  Heck,  if  God  hated  any  of  us  we  would  not  even  be  here  talking.  Again,  we  want  ANYTHING  that  gives  us  an  excuse  to  make  Him  look  like  a  monster.

1. profile image0
              Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sure, we can control our urges. I get that. Some people are bi-sexual, some are homosexual and some are heterosexual. And we are not just talking about sex here my friend. Does it make sense that God would create some to only be attracted and to fall in love with people that he doesn't want them to? There people would never to fall in love and have a relationship. I for one am a happily married man to a women. I've seen lots of men naked and they do nothing for me at all. It makes sense that there are people that feel the same way but only towards there own sex. There are women who are not attracted to men and men who are not attracted to women both sexually and emotionally. If you are bisexual then that's your business. I don't care. As long as the sex is consensual it affects no one. If you are having fantasies about hurting people you may want to take to someone about that.

Oh and one more thing…
              Can you please resist your urge to put double spaces between words. It's hard to read.

Not only do 98% men masturbate, it all started with an urge from what an assuming God created. Is it free from sin, if these men did not dump their seed upon the ground?

How about crossing swords?

Why did God put a man's G spot up their rectum? I can't even find a pirate woman to go up there for ultimate pleasure.

Oh my God!!!

I may of said too much there.

2. Asa2141 profile image66

Masturbation  coming  from  an  urge  that  God  created….so  you  are  saying  God  should  not  have  given  us  a  sexual  desire??  We  are  filled  with  urges  of  all  kinds  every  minute  of  the  day.  Again  we  want  to  be  able  to  do  whatever  we  want  without  God  telling  us!  You  are  even  willing  to  admit  (for  the  moment  anyway)  that  God  created  us  in  an  attempt  to  make  an  argument  for  rejecting  Him.

2. Righteous Atheist profile image60

Interesting. Wait - so what happens to homosexuals? Does your god punish them for being what they are? God made rules for ALL sexuality? LOL

Freedom of sex is in the constitution also

When  America  ceases  to  be  good,  America  will  cease  to  be  great.  ~Alexis  de  Tocqueville

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)