jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is praying for God acceptable?

1. Rex Coker profile image55
    Rex Cokerposted 8 years ago

Is praying for God acceptable?

Many evangelist do not think it is proper to pray for God because he is all powerful and does not need it. I say what is the harm in praying for God. I think it is a proper way to spread love and joy to a complicated world. One that God has created in the first place.

2. Wealthmadehealthy profile image60
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 8 years ago

We are told to pray to God, to praise God, to follow His Holy Word. I am not understanding why anyone would pray for God.  He created us. As stated in the Bible, He controls  what will happen and I have studied the Word many years, and the only thing I have come across or been taught is to pray to God for things....but I also know that we have to be deserving for Him to answer our prayers.  You should pray for the world as it does not know what it does, pray for your family, your life, but you pray to God.  God will take care of the rest.  Praise Him continually for this is what we were created for.

3. kephrira profile image57
    kephriraposted 8 years ago

In kabbalah it is said that at the time of the fall of man when adam and eve were thrown out of  paradise part of god - the feminine half - went with them. This is called the Shekinah and can only be redeemed alongside humanity, so praying for this would make sense. There is also a parallel in hermetic / alchemical philosophy in which the divine sophia (the feminine wisdom of God), which is indwelling in the material universe, must be redeemed. The idea of transmuting base metals into gold in alchemy came at least in part from the underlying idea that part of the role of humanity is to redeem sophia and bring the material world to perfection (gold being considered at the time to be the perfected state of all metals). Ultimately it depends on what you actually mean when you say God, as even within the same religion there are massively varying opinions.

4. profile image0
    bluetiger1520posted 8 years ago

I think your right. I agree, and would love convincing people to do the same.

5. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 8 years ago

It would be if it's kept to thyself or if it has any real significance=)

6. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 7 years ago

christianity, the bible and jesus forum... its pretty clear what we mean when we say god and it certainly isn't kabbalah. Kabbalah is a humanizing of scientific principles certainly not something that jesus preached about.
    Do we pray for god. What that god bless himself? God is perfect and all wise, God set all things in motion. I doubt seriously if God ever has had or will have "a bad day". If you are looking for brownie points you will not get them this way smile Stick to what scripture says, Pray to god and for others. Brownie points are ego based and pride based and won't be rewarded.

working