jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should we afraid of God for the fear of death?

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

Should we afraid of God for the fear of death?

2. profile image43
    yabeyaposted 8 years ago

If you're asking whether God expects us to fear death more than we fear him, then yes.  If you're asking whether God wants us to be afraid of him because of death, then no.

I don't fear God. I don't believe he wants that from anyone. I do fear his wrath, when his patience finally runs out.  But that has not happened yet.

God wants to be closer to his creation, and that includes you.  But he won't force his way in. We should invite a relationship with him.  Then he is more like a father, who will instruct and teach us in the way to go. 

You might disappoint him sometimes, but we all do. It doesn't surprise him. He always loves whoever trusts him.

3. yes2truth profile image61
    yes2truthposted 8 years ago

The Lord came to conquer death and did so, so why should we fear death?

There is also now no condemnation for those who are in Christ so, again, why should we be afraid of the Godhead?

What I find is that it's mainstream Christians who fear, because they go around telling the lost and unsaved that unless they get saved they will be tormented for all eternity in a fiery pit. The fear tactic is their favourite weapon. The irony to this, of course, is the fact that it will be them in the fiery pit having their religious crap burnt off, not the lost and unsaved!!

So as a final part to your question; yes if you are a mainstream Christian, you should be fearful and afraid, for it will be your backside that gets a singeing!

There will be weeping, wailing and the gnashing of teeth - not a pretty sight!

4. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 8 years ago

Whatever, whovever is there we should not be afraid of him/her or death.
    Whatever is our religion or absence of it, race, beliefs, customs, backgroung etc. we all have a chance to be true to yourself, to live according our best conscience as best as we can, to live our life to the full and find our unique way to contribute to the unfinishing web of life.

Then in life as well as in death our unfinitive journey continues...if you
    don't hate, you don't need to fear, you don't need to be afraid... there is nothing to be afraid of.

working