Where is God when it HURTS...???

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. RAANKAR profile image64
    RAANKARposted 14 years ago

Where is God when it HURTS...???

2. Born Again 05 profile image79
    Born Again 05posted 14 years ago

Not even one sparrow falls to the ground without God's knowledge. He sees and knows of all the hurt , pain and sorrow everywhere.

3. profile image48
    useyourgiftposted 14 years ago

Watching over you as always. Without mistakes we do not learn. Without pain we do not grow. Emotional and/or physical pain is challenging; the pain may always be with you but you must strive to understand and grow from all experiences. There is lessons in all things; you are the only one who can determine what is being taught as it is only for you.

Find the good in all things; the pain may be with you always but you will come to understand.

4. sroberts9 profile image82
    sroberts9posted 14 years ago

Holding you on his lap, close to his heart, wiping your tears and wound gently so it gets clean, holding your other hand while applying the ointment and bandage for your pain.

5. EdG. profile image60
    EdG.posted 14 years ago

He is dwelling in the imagination of the religious masses.

6. Lee Boolean profile image60
    Lee Booleanposted 14 years ago

useyourgift... I'll be sure to relate your message of growth to the children dying of horrible diseases in Africa if they are not too busy getting ointment and bandages on gods lap that is.
    Maybe its time god stopped obsessing about sparrows for a change, would be nice if world hunger or malaria is eradicated, there would still be enough suffering to please god I'm sure.

7. yes2truth profile image62
    yes2truthposted 14 years ago

It all depends upon which God you are referring to; the god of this world, or The Godhead of The Father and Son.

People hurt in this world because it is Satan's world and he is the god of it. He is the one our first parents decided to believe and follow. Mankind, therefore, suffers pain and hurts continually because of this bad mistake.

Mankind's suffering will continue unabated until the return of The Lord Jesus Christ and as we approach that time, the pain, suffering and hurts will increase beyond words that the English vocabulary is capable of describing.

Our continual prayers should be that The Father cuts this time short and Satan's rule speedily ended.

8. Kebennett1 profile image59
    Kebennett1posted 14 years ago

One night I had a dream--
    I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord
    and across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
    For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints,
    one belonged to me and the other to the Lord.
    When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
    I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
    I noticed that many times along the path of my life,
    there was only one set of footprints.
    I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest
    and saddest times in my life.
    This really bothered me and I questioned the Lord about it.
    "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
    you would walk with me all the way,
    but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life
    there is only one set of footprints.
    "I don't understand why in times when I needed you most,
    you should leave me."
    The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child,
    I love you and I would never, never leave you
    during your times of trial and suffering.
    "When you saw only one set of footprints,
    it was then that I carried you."

...Mary Stevenson

I know it is hard to understand why God let's us undergo periods of pain, and why He allows terrible things to happen in this world.  I do not know all of the answers but I do know He is with Us. He allows some things to happen to teach us. Others to inspire change in us. Others to call us to action!
    God Bless You.

9. carolegalassi profile image60
    carolegalassiposted 14 years ago

I suppose he was in the same place when His Son was hanging on the cross.

10. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I guess that depends on whether or not you actually believe "god" exists?

If you firmly believe "god" is real, then I would suspect that you would also believe that he is with you at all times, considering he is the almighty.

Otherwise, the true answer is GOD doesn't exist. The pain you feel, was brought on by either actions of your own accord or actions by other people.

Either way, get over it and move on with your life.

11. BL Tween profile image60
    BL Tweenposted 14 years ago

He  is   there  brother.

I cant answer for God because I am not Him. However, I know a lot about His word and His word is true. He has told us He will never leave us.

I do know that He is the only one who can fix a broken heart! Take it one day at a time.

12. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

In your mind, he can be anything that will take away the pain depending on how good you imagination is, like the people who wrote a certain book smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)