jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does quoting another person, that is saying the same thing as you, make you corr

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image80
    Mikel G Robertsposted 8 years ago

Does quoting another person, that is saying the same thing as you, make you correct?

What if it is a person that did something great, like oh I don't know...wrote in the Bible?

2. pendell2 profile image62
    pendell2posted 8 years ago

It is possible for you and the person to be incorrect.

If that person is widely believed to be credible, then it is more likely that you are both right.

The best thing to do, though, is to research whether or nor you and they are correct.....or not.

3. Unchained Grace profile image59
    Unchained Graceposted 8 years ago

Just by the fact you are asking that question tells me you have the drive to do the right thing so long as you know in your heart what the right thing is.

Unfortunately, myths have been perpetuated to the point where they've become "truths" to many and passed along that way. If I say "Southeast Asians are not to be trusted" or "Mormons are stone fanatics" and many pick it up and run with it, it is just a perpetuated opinion. So, quoting one who is wrong to begin with does not make another right just because it's been said by many.

4. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 8 years ago

Not necessarily. Man is flawed and the men who wrote the bible were flawed, therefore it is possible that they were wrong, thus making you wrong as well.

5. writesketchbead profile image60
    writesketchbeadposted 8 years ago

Sorry I just came accross your question and it peeked my interest. Unfortunatly, I do not find the answer so simple. Either that or I was in desperate need to do a little writing. My answer became kinda long