Ladies - why are you going against the word of god?

Jump to Last Post 101-118 of 118 discussions (696 posts)
  1. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

At around pages 6/7 some of us were having some fun with this thread -but, of course, that couldn't last.   I thought the idea of that picture was cute, but I think this thread ought to be allowed to run on forever - just to see it further evolve.

1. usmanali81 profile image61
      usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

For evolution, please contact Mark, Earnest and Mohit. They claim they are evolved from MONKEYS

1. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am the son of god. Me and my father are one- Mohit.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Geeze Louise

Think I'll wait for the movie lol

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Sandy, what a great new pic of you My Goddess! Thank you! smile

4. profile image0
    wepjrposted 14 years ago

Sandra, why are you so hateful in your tone? The level of hate and anger in your words seem to be way overboard in regard to the discussion here. Seems to me that it would be rather stressful to carry that kind of hate around.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it strange how religious nuts can cause anger with their self righteousness.  Instead of gaining support for their cults they tend to make others afraid of being like them.  I too detest scripture spouting witnesses.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes because I said in every post how much I hate people right?

5. profile image0
    wepjrposted 14 years ago

Randy, I will not throw scripture after scripture at you although I could. It's not my style. I believe with every fiber of my being that God is real and the Bible is His word of truth. It is simple, we either believe that Jesus died for our sins or not. I can understand someone getting upset with a self-righteous Christian throwing scripture around just to try to make you feel guilty or afraid. But at some point I hope you understand that there are many Christians who care only about your salvation and that there is no malicious intent when they share a scripture with you. I believe that to be the case here. Carrie is trying to explain things the way she sees it, not to make herself look good, but to help someone else. You may think we are wrong and that is fine. Please just know that many Christians share the Gospel out of love and not with malicious intent.

I appreciate your not throwing scripture at me.  I respect you for knowing that words from a controversial book do not prove anything.  Peoples beliefs are their own no matter how crazy they may seem.  Do not waste your time worrying about my soul because I don't.

I would not expect believers to take much stock in a book om black magic or witchcraft even though some may make better sense than the bible.

Carrie may be trying to help others, but then so am I.

1. profile image0
        wepjrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Touche Randy. I hear you. And from a personal stand point, as I'm sure you know, I do take stock in the Bible because I have spent a lifetime trying to hammer it to death. But what I found was an anvil that has worn out many hammers in it's time. In my opinion the Bible has stood the test of time. I know you and many others may not believe it, but I do.

Randy, I appreciate your dialog and look forward to discussing things with you in the future.

I appreciate your dialog too Wepjr.  Agreeing to disagree is fine with me.  I too was a professional musician for many years and believe it or not I respect your opinion.

Rock on bro.

1. profile image0

My profile picture was taken a few years ago. I was in a country band and we were opening for Lonestar. 17,000 people!!! I was nervous to say the least.

6. profile image0
    wepjrposted 14 years ago

No Sandra. You know exactly what I mean. Your disdain for anything or anyone Christian seems to go way beyond being just critical and approaches being hurtful and/or hateful. I'm just wondering why that is, that's all.

1. profile image0

what do you mean?  Defending myself against unnecessary "attacks", or is this how the Christians do it? You could read back and figure it out but it's likely that that isn't what you are really going for here.  Seems to me that you just want me to say I am a hater of all thing but yes, I do hate religions.  It's not the people, it's what it does to the people. big_smile

1. Jewels profile image83
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Beautifully said. Like your pic Sandra.

2. tksensei profile image60
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh brother....

3. profile image0

I think you mean "what it does to SOME people". I can tell you that Christianity has turned me completely from a hater to a more compassionate, thinking, and loving person. No doubt about it. I did "read back" as you put it and it just seems like your responses are a little over-the-top. It sounded like you were rather angry at Carrie for her opinion. And I will also tell you that you are not alone in your hatered of "religion". I don't have much use for it either. I read and study the Bible and I believe Jesus is my personal savior but I don't want to beat you up with it. I do feel an obligation to share my opinion with you but if you don't accept that is up to you. I still would care about you and would hope we could have civil conversations in the future. I can't speak for Carrie but I don't think she meant to make you angry. I would hope this is where we can go to have some honest talk about our feelings toward such things as God and religion without getting angry. I have read some of your hubpages entries and I think you are a wonderful writer. I commented on your guitar post because I have been a musician for years. I hope in the future we can discuss things like that and if every now and then you want to ask me about my feelings on God or vice versa I would be happy to share. If not, not problem.

1. profile image0

Your absolutely right.  I was civil until she insisted I was evil spirited for not wanting to share my husband with her.  Also when she called me stupid and let's not neglect the other part I think many Christians have a hard time with which is, I do believe that some Christians worship Satan and believe it is Jesus.

So why is my opinion an over the top one?  I have a lot of friends and family that are so called Christians, the difference between the zealous ones and the ones that are just so sweet it makes me wonder, is that the ones I believe are good people are the ones who love me just the way I am and I tell ya, there isn't an unkind word I would ever speak to them because they treat me with love no matter how different we are.

And it just blows my mind how even in some of the family, the ones that are just good hearted lovers also get a lot of shite from the "other" ones because for some reason they feel that loving everyone is not christian and surely this is exactly what it looks likes.

If you love everyone you are not a christian.  If that is offensive then sorry.  What else can I say?

1. profile image0

Sandra, I didn't say your opinion was over the top. I said that your responses were over the top. I just sensed a lot of anger in your response, nothing more. When I get the feeling that someone is getting angry I am the kind of person that wants to understand why. Please don't take offence.

In regaurd to "sharing your Husband", I don't understand what you mean. I read back pretty far and don't see that or where Carrie called you stupid. I'm sorry if I missed it. Maybe I didn't read back far enough. I must say that it doesn't sound like something she would say. Is it possible that you taking her out of context? Just wondering.

As far as "loving everyone" is concerned, if you love everyone you are probably on drugs :-) (J/K). Jesus never said "love everybody", he said "love your neighbor as yourself". So, that should prompt us to try to understand how, exactly, do we love ourselves. Well, I don't always think of myself as a nice person so I guess that means that I don't always have to think my neighbor is nice either. I don't always approve of the things I do so I guess I don't have approve of all that my neighbor does as well. But there is one thing I do to myself because I love myself and that is "forgive". I forgive myself rather easily for when I mess up or get out of control. So I believe that is what Jesus meant when he said "love your neighbor os yourself. He meant for us to forgive. We don't have to approve of everybody's actions but try to forgive someone for wronging us as we would forgive ourselves. Just a thought.

1. Carrie Bradshaw profile image59
              Carrie Bradshawposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello ~ my last time on this thread, but Wepjr, she speaks of our debate, which led up to this statement she made on page 25 of this thread as follows:

Sandra: Honey.... Jesus is Satan.

Me: I'm insulted to even have to read your stupidity.

7. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Ahhh some facts for a change,and not just theories Blueraven6,I like it-alot. smile

8. Eaglekiwi profile image73

So are you saying Carrie , that if you dont have a Bible ,you cant know what Christ taught?

Limits God alot ,wouldnt you say?

No of course many people have discovered Christs Teachings without ever seeing the written word.

So what is your source?  Who is your Messiah?  Jesus the Christ or someone else?

9. Eaglekiwi profile image73

The Holy Spirit

What is yours?

Well, is Jesus your Messiah?  People who don't receive His Word, made flesh, receive a sprit alright, but not that of God.  I was asking the person who said the apostle Paul was teaching against Christ's teaching, that would be Jesus Christ, I assume he is saying.  Any spirit can speak to you and claim to be Christ, but that is the spirit of antichrist, if it goes against the Word of God, the Bible.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I understand that , that is why I said 'Holy Spirit'

I am not answering for the person you directed the question too ,however my first thought was he was meaning Saul, who was very active against Christs Teaching.
        How-ever after his conversion and name change He was quite the opposite.

AMEN.  This is truly one of the biggest signs of God's grace ever recorded, except that Jesus gave His life for us, making Saul's conversion possible!  Here, Saul, the one who killed Christians and was even present at the stoning of Stephen, became Paul and wrote over half of the God-breathed New Testament scriptures.  We serve an AWESOME God!

10. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

Guess everyone goes against god at one point or another.  So far as cheating and all goes.  There are lots of things that shouldn't be being done but are. 
    I don't teach or speak in church, so that is only some women who you may be referring to.  That is like asking a man why he cheats or divorces, lol.

11. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

I think women like to teach and preach cuz they get tired of cooking, cleaning, working, and taking care of children.  Too much responsibility, so they preach to others.  Kiddn.

12. Eaglekiwi profile image73

lol

just spat juice all over my screen

13. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Actually Sandra's original post was on page 24.  It definitely caught my attention.  What is wrong girl?  Such a flip flop from just a month or so ago.

Why are you and LG attacking Carrie in such a vile way?  Do you not realize that Mark is using the scriptures out of context to also tell you and LG as females to shut up as well?  Carrie has clearly made Mark look like the fool he is with the proper verses.  Davinagirl3 says it very clearly about Mark with her post too.

And it was another woman also by the name of Mary that played the biggest role a human could possibly play in God's plan.  This is what she had to say.

"My soul doth magnify the Lord. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name. And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him. He hath shewed might in his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart. He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble. He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy: As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed for ever."   Luke 1:46-55

And she is now the Queen of Heaven and Earth.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/britishgrenadier/Our%20Blessed%20Lady/rosary-madonna10.jpg

1. profile image0

Sorry Mike, don't take offense about that.  I should have been more specific to her.  What I should have said was... Honey, your Jesus is Satan. 

After all, many of the anti-christ will come in Jesus' name right?

Anyways again Mike, sorry if the statement offended you.  I hope no hard feelings. smile

14. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Help, the statue of liberty is standing on my back, help!

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are a riot Randy!

15. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Well that's a little harsh too.  She clearly has a good understanding of the Bible.

1. profile image0

And she clearly told me that I was an evil spirit for not wanting to share my boyfriend with her. wink

16. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

What else did Carrie say...

Or how about:

Or,

and...

and...

So whateva Mike, sorry you still think it was harsh.  I don't see it that way.

17. onthewriteside profile image59
    onthewritesideposted 14 years ago

There are sooooo many contradictions in the Babble it isn't funny.  If you want specific examples, simply Google "Bible Contradictions" and you will have enough reading material to last you months.  If you still don't "get it", ask me and I will be happy to clue you in.  The Old Testament is, at the very most, a record of how life may have been during pre-biblical/biblical times.  But to think any of the stories in the Pentateuch are original is just crazy.  Almost every story in the Torah (and ESPECIALLY Genesis) are copies of much older, much more detailed Mesopotamian texts.  The New Testament is a fabricated joke in an attempt by men, 100's of years later, to justify why a faction of Jews, upset by the current religious law, bucked the status quo.  If the OT, upon which the NT is based, is fouled, then it stands to reason that the NT is utter crap as well.  Jesus did not fulfill the Judaic requirements for being the "Messiah".  In fact, there have been modern Rabbis that have fulfilled more of the requisites than Jesus ever did, and they weren't considered the Messiah (by the Jews) either.  If the Judeo/Christian religions actually understood the roots of their own religions, they probably wouldn't believe in their God either.  For more on that, read my up-coming Hub on the truth about Yahweh and the history of the "Ancient Gods".  Or...if you really want to get into it, you can inquire here I guess.

18. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Ha! We got a religious war wink

1. usmanali81 profile image61
      usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

After the Humanists run WWI and WWII

Nah, this guy only knows a few word like zionist and freemason!Still flogging the same old cart horse.

1. onthewriteside profile image59
          onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

These guys kill me.  If they spent 1/2 their time actually living the way their Sky Fairy tells them to, instead of spending it trying to convince the rest of us their Sky Fairy actually exists, the world would probably be a much happier place.

2. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How dare you Earn! He knows "humanist" too lol

Oh my bad, I may have left out some others as well!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)