Do you think that most have made a racket out of religion?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Do you think that most have made a racket out of religion?

Money, seem to be above the image of the church.Pastor's RETIRE
    from servring God,(which have not been heard of in bible history)AS THOUGH IT'S A 9 TO 5 JOB.

2. Torch Harrison profile image83
    Torch Harrisonposted 7 years ago

In America, yes.  I can't speak for other countries.

The example that Jesus gave was one of self-sacrifice and a willingness to serve, anywhere, anytime.  Most preachers I see make it a 9-5 business...and if you have an emergency you talk to an 'associate pastor', not the big cheese.  Don't see many preachers going among the poor and downtrodden...far too busy building multi-million dollar complexes and stealing faith initiative dollars to feather their nests as 'men of God'.

Speaking to preachers in the big cities, they'd rather dabble in local politics and make a few dollars here and there than 'serve' the community...and it's a darn shame.  They like the 'image' of being a holy man, being respected, sought-after...all while betraying the very people they 'serve' with backroom deals and unheard of luxuries...kind of like the Pharisees, if you catch my drift.

Lot of godly preachers serving godless interests, at least here in the states!  In my opinion, many of these shysters should be paying income taxes as a business, not a church!

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

religion in itself is a racket so the obvious answer is yes. whether it's a pastor, priest or whatever, it's all about control .