jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can Free Will exist?l

1. KimberlyLake profile image82
    KimberlyLakeposted 7 years ago

Can Free Will exist?l

2. David 470 profile image84
    David 470posted 7 years ago

I have often asked this question. I think free will exists to extent, but how do we know we are not set to have a specific will and when we think its our own will it could be a will of something much more.

We could be merely pawns perhaps...I think free will does exist, but not fully as I don't think anything is one sided.

3. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

Well, Jesus and Hitler were two men who exhibited free will. Doesn't necessarily make you a nice person of course . .

4. Drew nite profile image57
    Drew niteposted 7 years ago

Your question is very general.
    Can free will exist under what circumstances?

In general free will does exist. We exercise free will everyday. Even in instances where there is a law, we still exercise free will: the will to obey or the will not to obey.

5. Rishy Rich profile image75
    Rishy Richposted 7 years ago

From a rational point, theres no absolute free-will. Only partial freewill exists which is collective in nature. The collective freewill is the free will of all mankind & every conscious species that is capable of creating noticeable impact in nature. Thus an individual's free will is not free at all & that person is not solely responsible for his decisions.

i.e. From a narrow point of view, When a man rapes someone it may seem that this was his free will & he is a sinner. But when we think of the rape victim we get the dilemma since her free will must have been to avoid such incidents but she couldnt. Thus the victim ended up in a situation which is completely against her free will. And now if we dig deeper, we might find that the rapist must have had a terrible childhood, hated by the society, drug addict or somehow mentally imbalanced which could led him to commit such crime. Its not a single man but our social disorder, degrading morals & lack of cultural values which is creating such crimes. Thus its collective!

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

it dose exsit thsts why the world is the way it is today

7. GennaMGL profile image55
    GennaMGLposted 7 years ago

i think it can and does. religion wise, i think once people let go of the need for a diety to be in their lives and control their lives, they open themselves up to more things. they will then have free will they can make their own choicesd w/o a dietys influ.