Do you think people who commit suicide go to heaven?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Sky321 profile image81
    Sky321posted 13 years ago

Do you think people who commit suicide go to heaven?

I don't know this for sure but I think anything is possible with God and think some might.   Some people are so mentally ill that they don't know what they are doing and they want to end there pain.

2. A Missing Truth profile image61
    A Missing Truthposted 13 years ago

I think if they did it for the right reason - then that fleeting moment of supreme release will feel as strong as any concept of heaven.

If they didn't truly want to die the regret whilst dying could become one hell of a nightmare.

3. pippap profile image79
    pippapposted 13 years ago

Suicide is considered a sin; but, God forgives sins and allows entry to "heaven" to those forgiven.  I feel that if someone is so mentally ill or emotionally distraught that they are no longer thinking correctly, then God will forgive them.  However, only God can truly answer this question.

4. Drew nite profile image61
    Drew niteposted 13 years ago

I would say that this a judgment left in the hands of God.

5. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 13 years ago

If you mean do they survive this phenenon we know as 'living on earth' the answer has to be yes.   But this does not mean that they necessarily go to a really nice place.   Neither does it mean that they experience a terrible place either.   As the Laws of Nature -which could also be called the Laws of God - apply to everyone, everyone would either survive or not.   So forget about some 'going to heaven' and others 'going to hell' or 'nowhere at all.'

I'm inclined to go along with the concept that, as Jesus is reportedly to have said, "In my Father's House are many Mansions," meaning, many different dimensions or spirit worlds, and that we go to that world we are ready for or have earned by dint of hard application to go to.

I had a brother who committed suicide way back in 1950 at age seventeen.   Although I'd been able to take down automatic writing from so-called departed entities since 1968, and had lost another brother who died in a motoring accident in 1961 and who contacted me almost as soon as I started into automatic writing, the brother who committed suicide did not contact me until about fifty years after his death.   He was purportedly ashamed of what he had done.  Was he temporarily in that place of "wailing and gnashing of teeth" - maybe.

So it seems that a person does not necessaril enjoy his or her heaven - at least, in the short term.  But, after residing in their own mind-created hell for some time, they get over it and move up to a better place. 

This is what I believe.   It does not necessarily make it so.

I hope this has helped you in some way.

6. RobertAllenSavage profile image61
    RobertAllenSavageposted 13 years ago

Suicide is an act of insanity, try to imagine being so lost that you felt the only way out was to take your own life. Would you consider that the sin? Or would you consider the events that led to the person taking their own life the sin.

I believe that God would forgive and welcome a soul that tortured, that He would see that it was just a person who had no where else to turn.

7. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 13 years ago

As I get older, my views and understanding about certain things are no longer black or white. When a person kills him/herself, I believe that person is not in their right mind. If they were, they would not do such a thing. I agree that killing yourself is a major sin that God frowns on. I also believe He will put you in the lowest level of  heaven as a result of your actions. And it is not where you'd really want to be but it is a holding spot that God will put you until the day He judges mankind. the place is like being in limbo, not dead and not alive. I believe God will look over your entire life and decide if you lived the type life He approved of up until the time you killed yourself. He will total up all you did and decide if He will forgive you and allow you into heaven.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)