jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Is it better to be open minded or to remain blissfully unawar?

1. The Demon Writer profile image65
    The Demon Writerposted 7 years ago

Is it better to be open minded or to remain blissfully unawar?

Some people throw themselves into religion and live with the comfort that they will oneday go to God in heaven and they close their minds to any other ideas that oppose that. I believe this to be ignorance. Do you believe it is better to live like that in bliss or to make yourself aware of the wider reality of the world and the ideas of others?

2. tonymac04 profile image88
    tonymac04posted 7 years ago

Ignorance is definitely not bliss and awareness is in anycase so much more fun!

3. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

It is way better to be open minded. I always try to see everyone's point of view and by doing this I actually learn a lot.The people that are close minded may like the way in which they choose to look at things and if they are happy with that good for them.

4. QudsiaP1 profile image61
    QudsiaP1posted 7 years ago

Believing in any religion does not make you close minded.

You just have a standard of comparison that is all.

To believe one must possess an open mind because before belief come a truck load of questions, no ignorant fool can handle that .

Awareness is the key to a successful and happy life.

5. Blessitbe profile image60
    Blessitbeposted 7 years ago

I personally don’t think its Ignorance to believe in the Great Creator, what’s to say that those who believe in God are not open minded. Personally, I look at all sorts of information keeping an open mind, but my faith in my God is unweaving.  Remember power is knowledge; those who can’t fathom that there is a lord are closed minded.

6. sugz profile image71
    sugzposted 7 years ago

to open the mind is to allow the sole to be filled with an enormity of joy and amazing experiences...
    to remain blissfully unaware has its place but totally useless if you're alive... unless you're a child of course where you sould be blissfully unaware of all the political bullshit and garbage that goes on around the world.. unti required..
    then ya open up ya mind an live life like ya mean it!

7. keepitnatural profile image72
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

In response mainly to, Blessitbe; just because you believe in God does not make you "Religious."
    People who are dedicated to a certain religion & its beliefs often refuse to even acknowledge any opposing ideas, even if they are unable to come up with a good answer for questions you may pose to them. This to me sounds more like 'brainwashing,' for some reason it is comforting for them to throw their entire faith into this belief system, whether they have been brought up in this way or used this direction of thought to overcome difficult times in their lives, such as addiction or a prison sentence; I don't know but if it seemed to get them through whatever pitfalls in their life then I guess this is just the answer for everyone in their eyes!

8. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

I am not of the Catholic faith, the Pope does not lead me.

Neither does one who can not spell ............unaware.

9. profile image46
    Angellightposted 7 years ago

To keepitnatural, I never said I’m religious or that I believe in one religion over the other. I said my personal belief is that I believe in my GOD. Everyone has a right to believe what they want. “I am not addicted to drugs or have ever been in jail” in order to find my belief. I still believe there is a Lord, because he has actual help me in my daily life. That is all I can say it is a personal belief. “To each their own” By Blessit be

Closed to reply