jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

When it comes to passing onto the next life, would you rather have an approximat

1. SnowRose profile image64
    SnowRoseposted 7 years ago

When it comes to passing onto the next life, would you rather have an approximate idea as to...

when the inevitable event would occur, or would you rather not know and leave this world suddenly with no time to contemplate the matter?

2. Jachda profile image61
    Jachdaposted 7 years ago

I would rather go without knowing the time or date.

3. Michael Adams1959 profile image58
    Michael Adams1959posted 7 years ago

My faith lies in the Lord Jesus Christ, so as to when and how it happens I fully trust and know I will be with Him so it matters not to me.

4. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

Well since I have already seen the other side of death on August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning in a vision that GOD shown me then it makes no difference to me either way. I am busy now watching my 1 unpublished hub accomplishing its purpose for why it was written which is for the benefit of human beings on the earth. I am in no hurry now because I know what is specifically planned for me when I do crossover. So I am now living on the earth with total recall of the other side of death since August 1, 1982 A.D. and moment by moment with full awareness that I am fulfilling my purpose on the earth which is now complete with my 1 unpublished hub through hubpages and google adsense. Not too many people get to see and complete their mission while alive in their physical body. God blessed me in this way and I am very humbled and grateful to see it come to pass in my physical human body. Just today I came close to death but escaped it by getting hit by a car while I was walking in the crosswalk and the car was trying to beat the red light. I have had many close calls to death but I am not leaving this earth anytime soon because I am going to enjoy myself here and then over there when I get there. My angels have been doing a superior job in protecting my physical life on the earth since August 1, 1982 A.D. and before that time. Truly for me it is a wonderful life. Thank you.

5. Judah's Daughter profile image81
    Judah's Daughterposted 7 years ago

I think I would like to know ahead of time so I could make sure all my loved ones are taken care of and my 'house' in order ~ as the Lord lays me down to sleep, knowing that my soul He'll keep.

I had a dream once that had I had six months to live ~ no better way to give me a sense of urgency as to witnessing to the lost.  Once we leave this world, there is no more opportunity to share the gospel and the love of the Lord with loved ones, friends and strangers that may have become your 'brothers and sisters' in the Lord.  May we keep that sense of urgency now, for no one knows if tomorrow will come on this earth.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Orthodox Jews do not believe in either a heaven nor a hell nor an afterlife.

I'm an atheist and assume this life is the only life there is.  If there is something else going on I am 100% sure it will happen in spite of anything I think or do.

So live each day like it's your last one and enjoy the now.  Shine while you're alive.  The clock is ticking down, not up.

And stop worrying about death and get on with living.

I'm old and know that this is the final part of the race so I work on trying to get done the things I find important.

7. onegoodwoman profile image78
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Unless you leave this world as an innocent child, we all have time to comtemplate.....
    .........I have no desire to countdown my years, months, weeks, days, minutes.  It is my personal wish to look forward to tomorrow.

8. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

I think it better to have no idea, especially when young.  Can you imagine how you'd feel at, say, twenty, to know that you weren't going to make it to twenty-five even!    You'd have no long-term dreams, aspirations, things to look forward to such as marriage, children, adventures et cetera.

When you get into your seventies (I'm 75 in April) you know that you don't have a lot of time left.  But at least you can look back and evaluate whether or not you have 'lived, loved and laughed.' 

No, until you're in the twighlight of your days - and even I haven't reached that yet - it's best not to know...

9. Donna Janelle profile image74
    Donna Janelleposted 7 years ago

I would rather not know the time and leave suddenly. It would be hard to look forward to the day you knew you were going to die...

10. tenordj profile image76
    tenordjposted 7 years ago

I dont want to know when my time to leave will be. I wish to be here as long as the Lord wants me to be and when he is ready for me to come home then so be it. I try to live each day as if it were my time to go and keep a life that warrants an eternity in heaven.

11. RunescapePro profile image57
    RunescapeProposted 7 years ago

I would like it to be kept a mystery to me. That way I won't have to stress out about it! tongue

working